Matchmaking SR Intervals

Sure, for about 3 days until the new meta is figured out.

1 Like

I should change the original post, but let’s say the HP changes take place after each team is finished.

like once LA and Wash are done with all their matches, then is when the HP change is implimented

Yes, so during Skrims they will find out that is the next best thing and mirror it.

2 Likes

oh yes, the teams will be looking for the best heroes who are 7th to 12th place on deck

you’re assuming that they will be 100% consensus across the board in less than 24 hours

(you’d have to spread the matches out more since the HP pools are changing so frequently. Like, there would be exactly 14 hours between each teams games, so they are evenly spaced out throughout the week.)

Let me ask this,
In a 6v6 mirror, what happens?
Each hero gets both a win and a loss meaning no changes get applied?

1 Like

third time bud

I’m also going to take this opportunity to remind you that I offered to talk about this in voice chat with you.

and I guess for GOATs, you could have the six most heroes or randomly select three, it makes little difference

here we go with the late retroactive edits, please let’s go to voice chat

Let’s take Orisa, I’d argue she’d need to lose 75 of her armour hp before she is bad. That’s 75 matches before she needs to be swapped out.

you’re correct, but once that happens we’re golden, no?

you’re also assuming teams won’t think ahead.
Let’s take Orisa, I’d argue she’d need to lose 75 of her armour hp before she is bad. That’s 75 matches before she needs to be swapped out. You really think no one is going to think about what they will play when she’s gone?
Edit: you spotted it before I made it a new comment

1 Like

yeah it would take some time in the beginning, but in short order the spread of heroes would be so tight, that you would see an insanely volatile meta, just like you want, yeah?

please, voice chat, sheesh

i gotta answer everything twice, you’re working under the assumption that the next 3 heroes on deck would be set in stone

I’m gonna say this once bud. You’re lucky enough I’m wasting my time with you on here, there is nothing you could add that would make it even close to being worth me actually speaking to you.

The next 3 would be set in stone, they have 75 matches to figure it out.
I see why you want a change like this but the method you have chose is just bad. It would be better if the dev team didn’t take months to make any balance changes. Oh and let’s not forget that even when they have changes they stay on ptr for a month.

2 Likes

i already answered this

no youdon’t i think the game is balanced well, i just hear about it a lot on the forums so id ecided to address it

my idea solves this, if you can’t see you’re on your own by your own accord, you gott a come to class with an open mind

obviously the HP changes wouldn’t go to tptr first, but nice try :+1:

You applied my criticism of blizzard to your own idea. I didn’t suggest your idea would go to ptr, it was a simple dig at blizzard for being slow.
If you think the game is well balanced then I would suggest not going and ruining it with this.
Don’t try to fix a problem that doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

some people thought democracy was a mistake :us:

Yeah man, I just love where that’s got us. Trump in the us, Tories in the uk. But it’s the best option, as is leaving game balance to those who get paid to do it.

I spoke too quick. The game is balanced for me (1900sr) but not for OWL. So we’ll go back to GOATs meta and start to implement my idea.

Let’s say the top 6 heroes get that 1 HP nerf.

so not all 6 heroes will drop from being pick. the spread will be incredible tight

You have no way of knowing if it balanced for owl. And I want to make this clear before I say it, I don’t mean to insult you or your rank but taking balance advice form a rank where overwatch isn’t really played would be a mistake.

And no, Lucio going from 200 to 199 wouldn’t change anything. But Lucio going from 151 to 150 would make goats either unplayable or so unbelievably slow that it no one would want to play it or on the other hand it gets a whole lot more healing at the cost of mobility arguably making the comp sustain even more. All because Lucio is unplayable.

1 Like

it will be, please read this again

no offence taken

what about 199 to 198 and also mercy went from 198 to 199.

jump on voice chat and let’s work this out long hand, why don’t you want to talk to me on voice chat? are you Xion?

I’ve given my stance on speaking to you, I even took the time to explain that there is literally nothing you could do and/or add to this that would make me want to spend any time in any form of communication other than this but keep insisting on it bud.

And no, mercy could get to 250 before her lack of healing would be a reasonable downside because she would be slightly more survivable.

2 Likes

Democracy is a mistake because it’s mob rule. Americans live in a Constitutional Republic, but most of them don’t even realize it.

what about 251?

10000 rein shield too much
100 rein shield too little
somewhere in the middle is perfect, no?

What about 251? It changes literally nothing.

And no, somewhere in the middle is 5k and that is so unbelievably broken it’s not even funny.

2 Likes