Matchmaking is out of control

Jumped in a for a few games. First match I win and the enemy gets 0 eliminations. We have 15-20 each.

Second match the enemy get spawn camped and then have a leaver so they all give up.

Third match the roles are reversed and it’s my turn to get spawn camped.

Had enough. I really hope this rank reset is real and actually does something, as the game is literally dead rn.

2 Likes

I played some pretty decent close games earlier, bar one where my ping went through the roof as some donkey in my house decided to download stuff on netflix… Annoying lol.

Idc to admit i just lost like 17 games and won 3 in the last two days… I’m not sure whats happening. Every few days i climb back up to gold 3 or so with 5 and 3 or better in my placement cards, still positive win rate at least. But then i just drop right back down. I just can’t seem to win.

1 Like

this is the same for me i lost 13 yesterday, 9 the day before and today ive lost 7. I was so close to being back in diamond and now ive deranked horrendously to gold 1 and since ive lost 7 in a row im probably going to double derank again. This season was really bad but not this bad its so frustrating. My win rate was positive but now its negative

1 Like

I think the achievements/challenges have a lot to do with this too. Some peeps just want to get their dailies and weeklies and don’t care other than fulfilling the objective. me included :wink: Now is that my fault or the system in play?
Think about it before you judge then ask why can we when we shouldn’t be able to?

There’s some calibration going on. Went 5-5 and deranked - albeit a little but p3 to p4. But then went 5-3 thinking I’ll rank up just a little. Nope…

Stayed p4.

So by that logic, I had more “expected to win, but loss” overall. But why? Oh yea cause my certainty for this season has been all but assured.

Strong theory indicates:
you get more new comers when you certainty is high. - fact.
New players tend to lose - fact (devs confirmed).

Feedback : they need a way to keep certainty not being a “bad” thing. They need certainty mirroring in team balancing. My guess, even if they do, it’s not the same role.

1 Like

Yours. (sorry).
You can just choose to ignore the challenges. You’ll complete most of them just playing normally anyways.

There isn’t

I can’t believe you’ve see the part about the adjustments that they will be showing you in action in Season 9… knowing full well they are what has happened now and still make comments like this.

It has literally been explained to you by the devs in fairly clear terms.

Because you didn’t play well as a team and lost.

All wrong.

Yes it was explained to me, and if you had kept reading past the first quip, you could have held to yourself.

Second, you cant prove the “frequency” of type of games, nor their trigger. No 1 has shared that information.

First statement unneeded, second statement no factual evidence.

Good Day sir.

Very needed. It seems some are still totally unaware the system isn’t actually changing. Just how it is presented to us.

You said you lost what you believe was a “favoured” game… That means you didn’t play well as a team. Nothing more.

I’ve been using “underdog” and favored since it was first explained… I think you jump way to fast. Yes I know it was already there, yes they are adding indicators. Yes if I go 5-5 I lost MORE expected to win taking an SR hit… sometimes a troll just like to troll I guess.

Ahhh but now your changing stance. If I go 10-8 and not get back to where I was, why would the game give me MORE expected to wins - why would it be more of an even distribution? At least argue it was unlucky, but you went straight to didnt play well for the CAUSE of the system giving me more “favored games”…

You cant assume that…

Sad. Name calling. Totally unnecessary.

Im seeing alotta players in COMP who obviously have no practice with their hero, they dont care, then why should I?

Dude… this was in place awhile ago… and if not this “PUSH” there was another one. They constantly push and pull players… internal re-calibrations. I know you like to sell “git gud”, but to ignore an “mmr push” is ignoring these crazy bad games these last couple of weeks.

1 Like

VVF393 blatant walls for junkrat

yeah i don’t disagree with your thoughts on my opinion but not the entire topic.

5 Wins 18 losses…

Literally 1 of those losses i felt like i was bad. Rest of them I had insane plays and stats. My hero is now garbage, match making is as bad as it was before.

Placements are the system from OW1 I think, as in no reset, just hidden the rank for 10 matches and you’re the same rank at the end, perhaps unless you’re a new player or not played for a few seasons.

Post game rank adjustment is also the same as OW1. Just “sr” is replaced with “%”. Which while is an improvement, it isn’t what they said we would get. And I don’t think we should accept putting what we had over a year ago back as an improvement.

Also, where’s the new map or game mode blizz? This lazy reskin of what was always happening after every match anyway is not a replacement for the seasons main chunk of new content.