Match Making with 6 Stacks NEEDS to be Fixed

Why is it insisted that people who aren’t in a 6 stack, be matched up against other 6 stacks? Why am I able to have a team of 4 solo queue players and a single duo queue versus a whole team group together? Overwatch is a team game, but how is it any bit fair when the enemy already has a whole team planned out together and we’re just with a bunch of random people who refuse to coordinate? 6 stacks should NEVER be paired against anything other than a 6 stack. I’d rather have a longer queue time as a 6 stack than waste 15 - 20 minutes in a pointless game that’s lost before we even get to the hero select screen. This statement has been stated REPEATEDLY by multiple players, including people involved with Overwatch League, and its been over 2 years since the game has been released and this can still happen. Its the same as taking a whole roster from a team such as NYXL or Boston Uprising and then picking random people from the top 500 ladder that they’ve never met before. I don’t know anyone who would consider that a fair game, so why would it be any different anywhere else on the ladder? I just find it absolutely ridiculous.

2 Likes

Are you talking about comp or quickplay?

I love whooping 6 stacks as 6 solos.

Ez sr.

1 Like

Competitive, that’s why I placed the discussion in “Competitive Discussion”.

It looks like you better join a six stack then.

Read Groups and Matchmaking in Overwatch

Realize that the grouping advantage is intentional. At the end of the day, people will care more about their SR than fun. Therefore it is up to the designers to make fun better for your SR. And since grouping is more fun, the designers encourage grouping.

1 Like

I don’t think 6 stacks or duos should be paired against 6 stacks or duos. If they are a good competing 6 stack, let them climb up. They will be out of your rank and not your problem. If they suck as a solo, they will go down in rank. The only area where this would be a problem is probably GM or top 500, and frankly, who cares?

1 Like

I just played 2 games in a row with 4 solo que and 1 duo vs a 6-Stack in ranked. I would have rather have not played this games, cause this was an instant loss… I wonder what blizz thought about that matchmaking?