Match maker is somewhat broken

I just got matched against a masters hanzo on my last game. Sure I was with my diamond friends but how is this possible? I was the only plat in the game. We managed to pull a draw but its pretty confusing as to how a masters level player that isnt a smurf can be in the same game as a high plat. I’ve had a few matches where we’ve gone against masters when I que with them. What is going on? My friends are low diamond to clarify and we are a 3 stack. This also isnt the first instance where something like this happened. Or like I’m the only plat and most people are like mid diamond. Why am I getting matched with people rated this high? My friends are 3.1K so our sr rating is about 3 K. Granted I hold my own but I’m still just…confused really. If someone knows how it works can someone give me an answer as to why this is happening?

1 Like

If you have played long enough you should have known by now that the matchmaking has been broken for a very long time since role queue

1 Like

It’s also fun to be gold and then get 4 silvers in your team and 4 plats in the enemy team.

1 Like

no that’s not the reason.

it’s because the matchmaker balances average team SR, and that master player can be 3512 SR and be perfectly matched with diamonds and a plat

also OP managed to draw so the game was actually properly matched

i see no problem here

if you have lived long enough you should have known by now how averages work

Plat, diamond, masters, its two ranks. You can see this in any rank. Some times i see bronze team mates when i am gold. Its usualy if you have stacks in match.

Ha thats cute you think it was broken such a short while ago

I also assume my team was supposed to lose because our team rating was like 3.1K and theirs was 3.2K with no plat. We probably would’ve won but a full hold on hanamura is ridiculously hard.

SOMEWHAT broken? Surely you jest?

The matchmaking system is HORRIBLY broken. Beyond measure. EVERY game is a complete and utter one-sided stomp. I have NEVER seen a game that was close. It’s always obvious from within the first 30 seconds who will win. I can predict the outcome of ANY matchup this way with 99% accuracy.

Alternative theory: it’s not broken but working as designed. They WANT massive skill disparity between the two teams, otherwise why would it happen EVERY GAME?

2 Likes

it’s been broken long before role que. though i think they should have reworked it when they released role que as well.

1 Like