Massive new feature on PTR

This is super big for our hearing impaired friends! Probably similar in importance to the colorblind update we got in September.

It’s nice to see that Blizz is making Overwatch more accessible to a wider audience and I bet the archives events will be x10 better for them now that they’ll have subtitles

Also, subtitles might help everyone if they make ultimate call outs more obvious so we all might start using them

13 Likes

I can’t wait to see on-screen…

Enemy McCree: It’s hi-ugh.

25 Likes

And dey say

And dey say

And dey say

16 Likes

As someone who only knows the plots to movies and in game nuances because of subtitles…

It’s about time

I’m actually so impressed right now.

Sooner would have been nice but late is better than never, and God knows it was much need feature and it shows they’ve actually been doing some legit work.

how many languages are supported with subtitles?

DON’T YOU EVEN START WITH THAT.

god damn it

1 Like

If you think that’s bad, I’m worried about people spamming Junkrat’s “Kaboom!” Line…

Can anyone test this feature for me?

Does Roadhog appear on subtitles when he ults???

Given that they didn’t specify, I assume all of the languages the game supports for text. The sheer quantity of audio that required subtitles is the main reason this feature was such a large undertaking in the first place.

Haven’t tested further but for all the console peasants players it looks like this for the ‘everything’ setting.