Massive FPS Drop After September 2018 Patch

Just here to say that I’ve been experiencing the same issues as others in this post (dramatically reduced fps).

My solution was to remove any trace of my current gpu drivers using DDU and then reinstalling the most current drivers from my gpu manufacturer.

If you do the same I recommend you follow the guide found in the readme text that comes with the DDU application. (Display Driver Uninstaller by guru3d).

I’ve got an Alienware Area51 with dual NVidia 980 cards in SLI and was getting 100+ frames in WoW while traveling and 45-55 FPS in Uldir boss raid fights. Since Blizzcon, 57-145 FPS traveling and 4.8 FPS in boss raid/dungeon encounters. Updated Windows 10 and NVidia drivers this week. Thoughts?

Same here, just today entered for a match of two… and I have luck if I got more than 10 FPS… updated everything, scanned with the antivirus… nothing seem wrong, but the game is unplayable.

Any tip or statement from the devs?

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem since September too.

Any news on that?

Having the same issues. Ran through all the troubleshooting from the blue posts on it but I think they are for generic problems not ones caused by their updates.

i got the same problem too, it never happened before. I did try to optimize my settings too, but the fps are still dropping.

My PC Specs

Time of this report: 12/25/2018, 18:32:17
Machine name: DARMATAMA-PC
Machine Id: {3C06C06E-01C7-4BA1-8F1E-6AF75B5312CE}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: GL553VD
BIOS: GL553VD.307 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16234MB RAM
Page File: 6671MB used, 11994MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

I have also tried to reinstall overwatch and battle net, but i still got no luck.

1 Like

More than a month later and your support techs stopped answering… I cannot play, I missed the winter event and you just… not answer.

Must I uninstall the game and stop playing forever? Because like this is how you lost loyal player base.

SAY SOMETHING DAMMIT!!!

Sadly, im also in the same position. I also cant play the game atm. I kinda missed the winter event, and its a real struggle to finish the bastet challenge, and i havent finish it.

I’m getting random dips in fps and stutters here and there lately. Ever since the Winter update hit. Everything is updated on my end.

Does anyone notice a performance loss the longer Overwatch is installed on a SSD? Because that is whats happening to me.

5 Days ago i plugged in an Sapphire Nitro + Vega 64, made a brand new Windows 10 install to make sure i dont have dead greenys remaining on my system (i switched from Gainward GTX 1080 GLH, because of Frame Hitching and Microstuttering) and copied Overwatch from my other SSD to my 970 Evo.
3 Days the game ran fine, on the 4th day it performed way worse and today it runs like complete trash again, acting like some sort of Virus.

Im playing the game on:
Acer XB272 240Hz
i7 6800K Noctua NH-D15S
Gigabyte X99 Extreme Gaming (F7c Bios)
4x4GB CMK16GX4M4A2400C14
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64 (Before Gainward GTX 1080 GLH)
Samsung 970 Evo, 860 Evo,2x Crucial MX100, 1x Crucial MX300
BQ Straight Power 600 Watt
Logitech G403 G513

I replaced my hardware peace by peace and Overwatch is just that one game that never ran any good or stable at all.

I had an i5 4690K
Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper
MSI GTX 970
16Gigs of some 1866Mhz Kingston Ram…

That rig also started performing bad in Overwatch after some Updates, mainly after new heroes beeing introduced or during Event Patches, as of right now.

Im asking myself if the Software at Activision Blizzard is just that kind of garbage, or if it has anything to do with their mostly complete faulty servers?

Ever since this game came out there was this network notificiation icon on top left corner that states that the server needs longer than the simulation rate of the game is running or sth like that.
Since Event Patch i see the Icon with the 3 squares saying there is Paketloss going on and heck yeah there is, i see it on almost every single twitch streamer in NA and EU (im playing on EU btw.) and i even see it on Pro player screens.

Im extremly confused about these issues, the only company i know about running some weird networks or bad graphics engine are the call of duty makers.
But that Overwatch constantly has issues too concerns me, because it is a dang fast shooter and if it microstutters, has frame hitching, paketloss or anything like that, the game behaves like a complete unplayable trashy mess.

Yesterday i went ahead and bought all new cables for my network and guess what i did guess? it wont fix it because the issue is not on my end and it didnt.
I went ahead and plugged in a complete different connection that routes differently and guess what? same problems!

Since the EU doesnt even have a proper technical support because they are always the last that get any informations about issues and never seem to inform about issues recieved in forums either, im typing here.

And this game and its terrible performance is sickening me, it is literally one of those prime examples right now, why PC gaming is going down hill.

You at activision blizzard just sit there, dont even speak, dont tell us any problems, dont balance the game, dont make it perform better - you dont invest for SH*T at all, you just take money and other people including me hang around with a total garbage performing game, that everytimes performs a thousand times worse when an update arrives or an event is running.

I replaced my rig completly now, i replaced the GPU i went from A to Z on my end trying to fix something, that isnt even on my end.

Have you ever took a look how terrible the frametimes (microstuttering) of this game are when you use an hyperthreading CPU because u dont optimize at all, at anything?

Have you ever took a look on 144/240Hz screens how many frame hitches any GPU gets?
Have you ever taken Fraps to record the frametimes and analyze them on various systems?

Heck no you did not.
When this game came out it ran almost perfectly, then you started patching and issues started, then you hotfixed without a single mention about fixing performance issues, then you patch a new hero into the game and its broken once again…
Or you update your game in the background, giving us disconnects or huge server lags ruining our ranked games instead of throwing us out of the match without an SR loss, so we can update first and have it stable.

I dont even F* know what do to anymore in this game, you cant tell me the pros dont even have the issue because when you look carefuly on their FPS they have massive frame drops aswell and the only thing that concerns me is that your paid players dont open up their mouths to say sth about it.

I literally can tell, when it comes to a outdated, bad performing software - Activision Blizzard is the total leadership in that regard.
But what can you expect from a profit oriented company that doesnt make any investments to get their software up 2 date and thinks mobile gaming because of candy crush is a valid thing…

1 Like