Massive competitive bug

I have reported it before but i will report it again. I have climbed my way all the way up to masters 5 this week. Today i finished a set of 5 still at masters 5, i lost 6 games. It said i was diamond 5 ranking UP to diamond 1. Mind you, i am MASTERS 5, not diamond. This has happened to me numerous times while i was in plat and diamond where id be either plat/diamond and it would say id be a lower rank, say gold/plat ranking UP even though i wasnt gold nor plat nor diamond.

I have been losing all sorts of motivation to play this game because of this bug that keeps happening to me and yet it has not been addressed even ONCE by the team.

2 Likes

had this happen last night. Was due for de-rank myself. bad loss streak. But when it did the reranking, the screen showed silver 5 to silver 1. I was gold 4 before hand though.

And i agree about the motivation. This is my second major ranking issue, the first being a full reset to bronze 5. Before that one it felt impossible to rank up at all. I put in a ton of hours (somewhat enjoyably), and got up to gold 3. Last night kind of ruined it for me. It doesn’t help that there are ton of posts exactly like this today.

1 Like

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.