Massive Barrier Nerf = Sniper Watch

no

you need to accept that you’re not entitled to the opportunity of winning every match you participate in just because you’re there

you don’t need “hard counters”, you need “a deeper hero pool” and to “git gud”

if you want to play pokemon and rock paper scissors, they have all of that on the nintendo.

2 Likes

Snipers need to be meta every few months so we can shut them up.
Most metas revolve around either shutting down snipers or resisting the ability to be insta killed by a headshot before you can actually get to the fight.
Snipers in this game are not well balanced but are kept in check by shields and armor and shield generators…
Oh wait, shield gen was removed…
…and so were armor packs…
…and also rally was nerfed from +150 armor down to only +100 armor, so a headshot will leave a target with a laughable 5 or 55 hp remaining, which can be almost instantly dealt with, unless that sniper is blue beamed…which means insta kill…

…and now barriers are being nerfed across the board…

Monkey+Ball is the next tank meta, but inb4 the next sniper meta has us all complaining about snipers until we can figure out how to keep them at bay once again…

Snipers haven’t had much power creep since the Hanzo rework; its more like methods to outplay and resist snipers are being systematically removed and/or nerfed.

7 Likes

Shields weren’t keeping snipers in check at all. People need to stop pretending they do/did/will.

They were, as you can’t one-hit kill through shield. And walking through shield removes range advantage snipers have.

3 Likes

Then tell me why double/triple snipers disappeared the moment players finally figured out that shield spam was the answer to snipers?

2 Likes

Here… just found the problem for you. I don’t see any problem on Widow/Hanzo being the counter to Widow/Hanzo… now if you can’t aim, that’s not a game problem…

Besides that:

They nerfed Widow as well.

Yes widow was slightly nerfed, but she shouldn’t be affected too much by this cooldown adjustment.

Any true anti sniper knows that Genji is one of the best DPS counters to snipers, alongside barrier spam. Tracer is a great sniper counter too.

Agreed, but let’s not pretend that interpolation doesn’t heavily favor Hanzo.

Soo what you are saying nerf doomfist since hard counters zen and game shouldnt have hard counters ? I agree with you completly

1 Like

I mean… that’s exactly why this nerf is important. It will be even easier for Genjis, Tracers, Winstons and Hamtaros to take a Widow off…

1 Like

Hmm you are saying something, hmm… Maybe buff Hammond’s HP a little bit? Or give him a CC reduction too just like Reinhardts? Actually i was thinking about maining Hammond and try to find a Doomfist and a Sombra main for myself and imagine a Dive like this: Winston, Hammond, Doomfist, Sombra, Ana, (Mercy,ZEn, Lucio). Winston Jumps in to cause distraction, Hammond boops away the rest of them team, while Sombra hacks the main healer, Doomfist one-shots her/him, and EZ win. :smiley:

That’s why I hate DIVE meta… expect more CC coming in the future updates… that’s the main reason CC’s got to the game and screwed our play style.

Yes, and I know it’s crazy, but that’s why snipers do something called “move”. You can’t stay behind a shield at all times. You flat out cannot always move as 6; very easy to get picked off just trying to get to a shield.
And if any shield, or your positioning, is off by literally a single degree, you will get picked off, at least up here.

Because that did not happen. They’re still rampant in upper ranks.
Also in most cases, double shield made sniper mains almost start one-tricking Doom, because (1) He’s super easy to play, (2) He’s simply far effective, and (3) Snipers are very tedious (but still super effective) to play against shields.
In this meta, Snipers are the Orisa of DPS: Insanely gud and almost mandatory, but so boring.
No one actually wants to play snipers, and DPS often fight over who gets Doom, because whomever doesn’t is stuck playing Widow.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure neither one of us plays in GM, and the top 1-10% are not indicative of the player base as a whole.

1 Like

And as for standing behind shields - that’s why we didn’t have just 1 shield. 2 shields are enough to provide protection from snipers almost at all times.

1 Like

Then support survivability goes down and you have the same problem.

2 Likes

They literally nerfed Moira’s healing,so it’s more likely that dive will be back as burst damage will be less necessary.

Then welcome Lucio and Zenyatta back as bread and butter of dive.

I’m sure Mercy/Zen will work fine too :man_shrugging:

Speed boost and team-wide damage boost on demand are too good to pass on. Dive is all about speed and damage.

Well,it’s a good thing then that Mercy has a team-wide damage boost on her ultimate.

Mercy/Lúcio could work well too perhaps.