Mass Rez? I Think Not?

I didnt say to give back mass rez i said it would be fun. If you read till the end you can see i recommended an alt solution. How would this make you as a Mercy player and a dps player feel?

Here’s a stupid idea for fun!

Just replace her current res with a 2s cast ability where she has to touch an ally to grant them auto-revive. If the auto-revive ally dies within the next 5s, they get auto-revive. If they don’t die, the skill was wasted and is on cool down.

Of course there needs to be a visual cue on who has it.

I dont think its stupid i think your on to something. I saw an idea like this before what cooldown time do you think it should be on? Also 5 seconds seems a bit too long so maybe 3 seconds?

Nowadays, despite still believing that mass rez is degenerate, I am sort of for it not only because of the direction they have recently taken her, but also because I want discussions of the old Reaper stealing souls to prevent rez idea to come back.

To be honest i didn’t know that was a thing sounds cool!

Defensive ultimates aren’t supposed to be pleasant to deal with. So bring mass resurrect back, but replace invulnerability with Valkyrie and add LOS checks.

4 Likes

I always found that idea amazing :frowning: it never made sense that it didn’t work like that since you were eating the souls and all.

sigh

reaper still needs tweaks overall.

this would be interesting aswell.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? She activates Mass Rez then goes into Valk? I feel like thats pretty strong and idk how well it would fit into the game.

Well, invulnerability was added, because Mercy was dying after resurrect. With Valkyrie she can get away, while other team still has a chance to stop her.

I still love this idea. The dynamic between Mercy and Reaper is so cool (especially with her Heroes never Die line before the rework)

3 Likes

Yeah i can see that but i personally like how Mercy relies on her team for mobility i think Valk removes all traces of this so i wouldn’t like to see it but its an interesting idea. I would like to know if it would be tweaked? Like would the Valk duration be shorter and would she still have chain beams?

Nah, I dont think she did. I mean she could, but that just means she was bad. Risk vs reward. You had to consider a lot of things. Plus it was a completely valid strategy to res everyone after an ult combo with the sole purpose of redying to another ult to trade 2-4 ults for one. That was good play. At worst you have great ult economy next fight, at best you won. Actually that was really the only valid reason to hid and res, and even then hiding was still stupid so I guess not

1 Like

Everything you have said resonates with me except for how low you took her healing
I’d suggest going up to between 120 and 200 HPS While also slicing the duration of Valkyrie in half (8 seconds, 2 seconds longer then Trancendance if you want to talk about being OP…)

And then she’d need an E ability, You’re partially right about Mercy not being picked in higher play (she was a D lister in tournament play and it’s highly debated how much she saw on ladder that wasn’t people using the SR exploit and one tricking her regardless of good or bad outcome)
The biggest reason was that Mercy’s utility coulnd’t hold a candle to Ana and certainly not to Lucio or Zen whom become viable as the two supports the higher you go. What she needed was a manageable E maybe something that had light skill requirements like a shield requiring timing or a single projectile ability

1 Like

Yeah i agree with you high risk high reward and it requires thinking! I had a conversation about this with another person and they just kept saying high risk high reward wasnt worth it so i just thought i should ask!

I’m pretty sure blizzard burned that idea with the fact that A it’s way too strong a counter (Brig being the first HARD counter this game has had for better or worse, for a long time the closest thing blizz wanted to a hard counter was Pharah and Hit Scan heroes.)
Combined with the fact that well. Mercy wasn’t that powerful even without a Reaper making her ult not work by literally just existing.

I had this idea for an E ability if Mass rez came back tell me what you think!

Well I don’t think I can ever really get behind the idea of Valk on E,
Mercy’s problem was never survival as she’s the most mobile hero in the game pending well positioned teammates and it’s only gotten better with th. Hop glitches in the game right now

Plus I just feel like it dosen’t solve the issue of her skill cieling. See the stats I found tell me that Mercy’s impact on a game caps at Platnium, going from 9k healing to 12k healing averages per match from Bronze to Plat and then it plateau’s only reaching an average of 13k in GM hinting that her impact starts to plateau (keep in mind her damage stats remain almost unchanged at the same rate)

So something that requires some skill to pull off and gets harder and harder the higher you go. Like I said something that requires the Zarya bubble skill set or some kind of projectile effect

Yeah i feel like that would work but i wish she had something a bit more original than a “copy my homework but don’t make it too obvious” E ability.

Damage resistance and CC Immunit. These 2 buffs applied to her beam target for somewhere between 1 to 2 seconds

If it helps in getting the creative juices flowing if it’s an ability that can be used on the fly it’d need to be only usuable while her staff is out to accomdate the console players who would have to have this ability attached to the reload button.

oh yeah definitely worth it. It was just a fun twist to fights. I only didnt like invic and no los requirements. Should’ve just made it like emp. The ult wasnt even particularly good for a loooong time. Couldve been tweaked easy. Valk is just dumb and removes all of mercy weaknesses while making things she already does well slightly better

1 Like