Mass Res Won't Return | 1 Reason Why

Not to be that person but, they tend to change their minds. Just because they wrote something long ago doesnt mean its a word of law or its permanent. It was their opinion at the time, and opinions can change under circumstances or through the passage of time.

Remember that time in 2016 they said they werent interested in implementing Deathmatch? Next year boom, deathmatch. Early 2017, D.va rework was to primarily DM pretty much everything and we all remember the infamous “Protect the Riptire”, later that year that got changed.

Point is, their opinions tend to change, like everyone elses. Just because someone said this thing a year ago, doesnt mean that their perspective and opinion hasnt changed a year late. Who knows, maybe one of the reasons why theyre taking babysteps with Mercy rn, is to see how things go with the current Valkyrie, if shes still UP, they might rework her.

As much as people tend to bag Mercy mains for using the words"’ of the devs, this is no better. Probably why the devs dont comment as much.

6 Likes

I think he’s just trolling, just mark him as such and move on

1 Like

But you’re forgetting that revert now suddenly has a different meaning!

You can basically feel how annoyed Jeff is by Mercy mains from this response, Jesus.

2 Likes

I think that mass res was not op/bad ult, until it get buff to make mercy unkillable when she use it, every hero was able to stop her from using it. Good old times, now her ult is making her fly like free camera in some kind of grapfic editor but what ever, i just hope dps players on my team gona finnaly learn how to aim.
And this reason have some logic in it, but i think they also say FFA is not going to be a thing… yea… i belive in every word they gona say now.

Yeah, they said that, and that only means that we won’t see this:

mass rez exactly as it was + no more E ability + revert reverted healing + no more bunny hop = revert

However, did Jeff said something about how this current “rework” was indeed a huge revert back to alpha/beta? Nope. Valk existed in the past and was removed for everyone’s good during alpha. Stationary rez replaced it, and even tough it was better and healthier, it forced Mercy to hide or die exactly as it’s happening with current rez, so they had to rework it for good during beta. 50 hp/s existed until seasons 2-3, when Mercy was such a trol pick that Blizz had to buff her because Ana could outperform her both as consistent and burst support.

So, if

bring back valk + E rez, again stationary + revert healing back to 50 hp/s + accidental bunny hop =/= revert

Then, don’t be hypocritical,

bring back mass rez with changes + completely new E ability + revert reverted healing (60 hp/s once more) + keep the rest =/= revert

Finally, you are using an already old fashioned statement. Mercy has been reverted some times since that fyi. I guess that’s like talking about Deathmatch. Yeah, there were no plans to add it. It happened. Oh, and there are a lot of players, even pros, streamers and youtubers saying that this design is garbage and some of them (even Seagul!) prefer mass rez over valk + E rez cancer.

Yeah, predicting the future seems nice. We thought valk was gone forever for good. Now here we are with this never ending nightmare.

5 Likes

Mass Res will not return. No changes will be made to Mercy beyond tweaking numbers to achieve better balance. The hate for Mercy players will continue, and so will all the unhappy voices on the for and against side of the current state of Mercy. If you are not having fun playing Mercy now, then you will never have fun playing Mercy again.

The hateful threads will not deter people from posting their opinions on what should change. This forum is a festering pool of endless hate that will never ever go away. Blizzard let things go too far and now there is absolutely no stopping any of this. So, if you wish to waste your time making pointless claims for or against, then go ahead but don’t ever expect anything to change.

3 Likes

Old quote though. Not up to date statement.

The definition stayed the same. Here it is:

verb

/rɪˈvəːt/

1. return to (a previous state, practice, topic, etc.).

The issue is people like to confuse that with a rework:

/riːˈwəːk/

verb

make changes to (something), especially in order to make it more up to date.

You can’t go back to something that didn’t exist which, in this case, is Mass Res with tweaks and a new e ability. Also, might I add, that the context of that quote from Jeff is “plans”. Plans change so the fact that he chose that specific terminology and has yet to say, “we don’t want mass Res back” is kinda suggesting that I’m right. :slight_smile:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
2 Likes

They also said they would never add a free for all or deathmatch mode because they felt that it would go against the team aspect of the game and some characters would be unbalanced and unviable (e.g. Mercy).

And ironically enough, Valkyrie is a revert in a sense. Back in some alpha clips shown at a Blizzcon, Mercy had chain beams as an ability but was scrapped because it felt too passive and removed her weakness/strength that she was a strong single target healer.

Plus, they also reverted Mercy’s healing to 50 and back to 60 during Valkyrie.

They may say it will never happen but because of their previous statements about saying things will never happen and yet they happened anyway, it doesnt put the notion to rest.

If they stuck to their statements, then we would have to accept what they say at face value.

Not to mention, that was said nearly a year ago and it was said they have “no plans to revert” and thus the “putting to rest” is directed at the plans which is in reference to the near future.

In essence, because they implemented something they said they would never add, saying they “have no plans” is much more tentative than a straight “never” and thus a Resurrect as an ultimate is more likely than the “never” imposed on FFA and DM modes, since to Resurrect they had only said “they have no plans” rather than “we will never do it”.

3 Likes

Based on what? Forums? The same forums that many like to point out is the vocal minority?

The majority of the competitive audience wants Mass Resurrect to return.

Now do I believe that? I don’t know, but because you were diligent enough to cite your sources, you should be consistent enough to do so in the rest of your posts, otherwise, it isnt as valid.

Now I will say I have seen many voice a dislike for Mass Resurrect but again, they are a vocal minority. I don’t believe the larger portion of the competitive audience does or doesnt want its return because we do not have a reliable way to ascertain this.

Even surveys as we all know, are the least reliable method of determining this due to many extraneous factors. Therefore, we cannot make claims on what the larger portion of this community wants, only the loudest portion.

1 Like

Still not going to be brought back since Mass Res is one of the core reasons Mercy was changed to begin with. :blush:

Good thing I can prove the former. :blush:

I’d say it described the experience of Mass Res, both playing with and against, reasonably within both the ladder experience and pro scene. :blush:

Because based off the rhetoric most of the Mercy players have been following on the forums for the past couple of days, and the circumstances, that’s a partial revert. Not a rework. :blush:

Nope, because anyone who’s been in the forums long enough knows this individual and knows why I said what I said. :blush:

5 Likes

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

2 Likes

And I can suggest it’s return whilst including changes that address the issues. :blush: That also makes it a rework, not a revert. They haven’t said no to another rework yet.

Their opinion aren’t any less valuable than ours. :blush:

Well obviously. I’m saying that it’s hyperbolic and unnecessary to label something as cancerous when it actually is a serious disease that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Using it as a hyperbole devalues the word. :confused:

That’s false though. It’s either a revert or a rework. This is the bandwagon fallacy. Just because a lot of people say it, doesn’t mean it’s true. Besides, there is nothing wrong with labeling it as a partial revert. It is just that, a label. :blush:

Look’s like I’m not the only one that’s questioning your claim. :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
7 Likes

What the developers “feel” and what’s fun is two totally different things.

My argument will always be:

If I can potentially wipe a whole team with an ultimate, I should be able to potentially resurrect a whole team with an ultimate.

5 Likes

And the public outside of the forums spoke: Mass Res does not feel good and was not fun for either team EXCEPT for the person on Mercy herself.

3 Likes

Me trying to differentiate the people doing the toxic emoji rhetoric and figure out whether i have image privilege back in the same post
https://i.imgur.com/jKactMg.gif
BLIZZ give it back

3 Likes

You left out the counter argument that everyone uses on how the devs have gone back on changes in the past.

It’s a weak, grasping at straws argument but it’s going to pop up since you didn’t address it.

I can make this statement about a ton of hero abilities. ABILITIES, not ultimates.

e.g.
Doomfist one shot combo does not feel good and was not fun for either team EXCEPT for the person on Doomfist.

Stormbolt arrow does not feel good and was not fun for either team EXCEPT for the person on Hanzo.

Shield Bash does not feel good and was not fun for either team EXCEPT for the person on Brigette.

I can go on. Most of the games mechanics are not fun unless it is you that is using them.

Not to mention, the public has a problem with just about anything done to Mercy. Everything is OP and needs immediate attention by the developers if it’s Mercy.

4 Likes

That’s quite a reach, even by pro-revert standards.

1 Like