Mass Res Will Return | 10 Reasons Why

Oh sorry I didn’t notice that, but if you think about it giving her some small buffs is a lot easier and acceptable, I understand that you want her to be fun again but huge amount of people didn’t really like mass rez either.

4 Likes

Feels more like nagging the developers for over a year to do one thing they don’t want to do, and avoiding any other sort of creative thought.

It’s more in line with harassment, than creative feedback.

17 Likes

Mass Rez will not return, because Jeff Kaplan said so. Kthxbai.

8 Likes

Wow, seriously? That’s real low, and very ridiculous. Asking for change does not equal harassment.

28 Likes

Depends on how you look at it.
You have been given an answer, you just don’t particular like it/agree with it, feel its outdated now and the vagueness of it gives you reason to question it (in the sense of they have gone back on other changes)
(you are perfectly OKAY to think that)

5 Likes

Sorry I disagree, just because you may have an idea of Mercy being balanced without Mass rez, doesn’t make your view more important than someone who holds the opposite opinion. Wanting mass res is just a valid of an option. :blush:

Oh, do you have proof that backs this claim? As far as I know, such an iteration of Mercy does not exist in this current meta, so there’s no real data that shows how well she would do with Mass res in her kit with the tweaks. How would tweaking Mass rez make her worse? [citation needed]

So, safer to develop. That doesn’t automatically equate to more stagnant gameplay. :blush:

1. I think you’re looking at the glass half empty there, resurrections don’t always result in you, the “resurrectee” being punished, so that’s subjective.
  2. Also subjective opinion. Any “timing issues” could easily be tweaked if that was the case, which is what balancing and the “tweaks” part of “Revert + the tweaks” is all about. :smirk:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

9 Likes

Remember that time when Mercy punished bad ult usage for dumping 5 ults into a teamfight instead of being tactical?

I remember. Those were better days. Now I see too many twerps in my rank who have absolutely NO idea how and when to use ultimates. And it’s gotten worse in the past year.

40 Likes

No thank’s.

Sincerely, Mercy is my 2nd most played hero.

6 Likes

That was a lot of effort. Well done.

It’s still not coming back. Thank goodness.

8 Likes

I thought buzzfeed took control of the forums for a moment due to that title.

heres my reaction on the possibility of mass resurrect coming back

13 Likes

Indeed, matches were more complex back then in my opinion. Now, it seems to just be a battle of “which team has the bigger number of ultimates”, with very little ult economy. I’m quite frankly, a little bit tired of the “biggest load of ults wins” gameplay as of late. Check and balances certainly need to be put back in order, and it’s a shame that Mercy can no longer regulate it.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

Not sure. If they revert more often, Bunker Comp wouldn’t be a thing so any heroes who do good in it would still be bad.

We get brought back just to die, wasting out time. You said it’s not okay for Mercy to suffer because of other heroes, why is it okay for other heroes to suffer because of Mercy.

The only tweak that would really work is giving Rez a cast time similar time to what it has now.

She was f tier without invincibility but still had instant Rez. These tweaks are nerfs to that.

That wouldn’t work on console.

5 Likes

To be fair, they have shown time and time again they don’t have any cares to give to console users (unfortunately for those users)

1 Like

I want Mass Resurrect back. I really really do. It was an ult the game needs, it fit Mercy’s kit and feel perfectly… but…

Loss Aversion is a thing.

That fun little thing about humanity that makes losing something way more painful and unpleasant than not getting the thing in the first place. It is a ridiculously powerful piece of human psychology.

Mass Resurrect has the fatal flaw of running literally smack dab into Loss Aversion full force, in a way that no other game mechanic does.

So… as much as I’d love for Mass Resurrect to come back… it probably won’t.

5 Likes

They’ve haven’t been that bad actually. I can say this as a console user. They’ve never made a change that helps on PC but kills a hero on consoles.

From the console threads I thought it was bad…or do they exaggerate quite alot :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think a straight up revert back to old res is ever going to happen. Maaaybe some form of multi-res in the future, but even that’s a long stretch.

Personally, I think Mercy is “fine” right now. She’s okay enough to leave her where she’s at while Bliz works on much more needed tweaks and fixes to Overwatch. I’m sure they have a few plans for Mercy when they’re ready to get back to her, so don’t worry.

2 Likes

Yep. For example, Pharah is only a problem in GM of PS4. She’s fine everywhere else.

1 Like

There were people who made this claim. That it was un-fun. However, due to some changes that overtuned her rez there were some balancing issues with it as well outside of the “fun” factor. So claiming it was solely off of a “This is not fun” attitude from everyone is not quite correct.

I can’t make heads or tails of this argument. For one thing New Mercy did not become a must pick because of Valkrie itself. So claiming that Mass Rez was more balanced then Valk due to the must pick scenario is faulty premise. She became a must pick due to how powerful Rez as a cooldown ability is. This is evidenced by how many times they had to nerf her rez. Such as no longer having two charges, not gaining charges from valk, increasing the cooldown timer, and etc.

Mass Rez in its own right was a very powerful ultimate and became overtuned. I do not necasarrily agree that it needed to be addressed via a Re-work but I must point out that in her final Mass Rez iteration she was no where close to a troll pick.

This is a logical fallacy in of itself as well and actually in conflict with arguments presented as to why mass rez should not have been removed to begin with. Just because something is overtuned and overpowered when introduced does not mean it can never work. Just like Mass rez may very well have not needed to be removed but toned down or change to balance it instead.

This is a two way street. Many people have been bludgeoned over the head by toxic mercy mains. All under the guise of “I am just frustrated!” and expecting us all to give them a pass on this unacceptable behavior. This is a vicious cycle. Yes, there has been a lot of toxic behavior directed at Mercy mains. No one is denying this. However, Mercy mains have equally contributed to the current state of affairs.

Even if this were not the case, how on earth would this translate into a capitulation on Blizzards part? Why would they look at toxic behavior as a reason to make balancing changes? This makes very little sense.

I think the term “safer” might not be the right word to use here. Easier? Perhaps. Safer? Not by a long shot. Think the reaction would be an overall positive on this change? The forums would be FLOODED with complaints the moment it was announced. It would by no means be safe.

This I can get behind actually. There are other changes in the game that also make mass rez harder as well and more punishing. Assuming that Mass rez had an LoS check, not to fast a cast time, and no invuln for mercy herself, the mechanic of losing ult on Q would also impact it. This mechanic did not exist back in Mass Rez times.

Not to mention the increase in cast speed for McCree’s high noon, the increase in displacement abilities, and overall better defense oriented characters like sym would make her job a little harder when it comes to “BIG REZ” plays.

These are not true reversions though. These are small changes. One is a simple aesthetic change and the other is a numeric value change. This is a far cry from reverting and changing an entire playstyle for a hero. It is like saying “This guy used a slightly brighter color green to paint his room this time around! Must mean he is ready to change it to a dark orange soon!”.

Does not work that way.

However, there is a documented source for them saying they have no plans to bring it back and believe she is not in a horrible place.

Rez on a 30 second cooldown has HUGE swing potential. Trying to make it out as a terrible ability is not very honest. Has it been a balancing nightmare? Yes. But not because it has been terrible. But because it has been to good.

This however, does not speak to why a revert will happen. This could just as easily speak to the idea of more adjustments being needed.

Most of your arguments make very little sense. Sorry.

14 Likes

Mass rez removed because it required mercy to not participate in the battle by hiding while the enemy is combo ulting so she don’t get killed with her teammate by nano blade or get caught by grav.

Mass rez was used after the battle so revive dead teammate, enemies ALWAYS TARGET the support first so the chance that mercy survive “wiping ults” was too LOW which gave mercy feeling that she will die before res which encouragesd her to hide.

Developers didn’t like how mercy played like this so they changed her.

3 Likes