Mass res was good for flow

As a wise woman once said,

”I am confusion!”

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
3 Likes

But she wasn’t, until she got the unnecessary invincibility buff. It could have just been damage reduction and immunity to stuns, as well as adding a little cast time. I can see why Mercy players are/were pissed.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t fix when Mercy would wait in spawn on defence last point. Where she’s safe and people can’t find her. Till the very last few seconds and then run on point and mass rez.

People seem to forget how horrible that was. And if you didn’t win that fight you lost the game. And last point because they have a mass spawn advantage you have to use your ults to take over the point.

1 Like

Mass rez was never overpowered. Why did the pros only use Mercy with Pharah if it was?

3 Likes

Nah it actually disrupt the flow of the game by reverting the battle again and giving bad players a second chance to fight.

heard this million time but I say that if you give the ult limitation it will encourage people to die in pile.

There is already reason to not stack which that ult may get countered by non ult.

There is a difference between dps hide to kill enemies and healer hide to let his teammate die.

Maybe it is the time to get over mass rez and adapt the current one

This is only a problem assuming that “Hide n Res” was a good strategy in terms of successful ness. Fortunately, someone has already given an explanation as to why the strategy is hot garbage. Unless this is 2CP we’re talking about (which is a whole beast on its own) “Hide n Res” shouldn’t be a problem to the person it is used against.

4 Likes

Ana main here.

Mercy was never a must pick before her rework.

9 Likes

So Ana Goats and Moira Goats aren’t a thing? jeez you might want to pass on your game knowledge to Jayne

Firstly, the examples you gave still don’t involve a Mercy. Ironically, this argument is to prove that Mercy would be used for GOATs if she got mass Resurrect back. Secondly, GOATs is a specific team composition with specific heroes. Replacing said heroes with other heroes would make the strategy less effective. Because of this, yes, I’m not going to call a GOATs with an Ana or Moira GOATs but rather, a 3-3 team composition. Thirdly, again, there is literally no reason for Mercy to be replacing any other support for GOATs if mass Resurrect were to return. The one reason I was given, Ive already addressed. If you have another one, feel free to tell me. If not, then I’m going to continue to say that picking Mercy over any other support in GOATs is just another way of shooting yourself in the foot.

As if I know who that is…

1 Like

ha! way to twist words here, you said that Goats cannot have any other support yet there are variations of the composition that involve other supports and that has very specific uses. Furthermore, if Mercy were to have Mass Rez you can bet your sweet A that there would be a Goats version catered for her

The argument that you need to charge mass rez is completely moot because of two reasons:

1. mass rez was pretty quick to charge either way
  2. with tanks all around ult charges pretty fast

Secondly, every single version of Goats uses the hero’s ult as a way to add value, just as Mercy would, indubitably, bring her own personal value tool if she were to have Mass rez and let me tell you one thing, if goats is awful because of its battering ram nature, simply imagine how it would be if you get to do that twice on a single push

You not knowing who Jayne is is also not surprising really, one of the most outspoken coaches out there and someone who has proven to understand the game at the highest level of play but of course, why would you waste time to research about meta discussions if you can simply write whatever comes to your nostalgia filled mind

It was super great at forcing good ult economy. People actually learned not to spam 6 ults without focusing down mercy first. it wasn’t even that oppressive, it’s not like she had it every fight. it was like a once every 3 fights kind of ult. It was fine.

7 Likes

What the hell no it doesn’t xD That makes zero sense, Mercy doesn’t work with or against GOATS regardless of what her Ult is, her HPS is too low and her mobility has zero value in deathball comps.

1 Like

Because the Devs and a large portion of the community don’t want it back in the game, and the Devs have said they aren’t going to bring it back at least 4 separate times.

“We have no intention of reverting Mercy”
“Id like to put the notion that we will be reverting Mercy to rest”
“We will continue to keep iterating on Valkyrie and believe its the best direction for her”
“We intend to keep Rez as an E ability”
etc. etc. etc.

Putting it on PTR contradicts themselves and gives the “Revert mercy” crowd justification to keep whining for it.

3 Likes

Tbf they also said repeatedly “they’re not gonna put deathmatch in the game”. Look where we are now…

3 Likes

I think you find that post isn’t in defence of mass rez at all. It’s actually comparing op mercy to it.

But you know what, doesn’t even matter. Its not coming back :slight_smile:

Did you miss the part where I say that those variations can’t be considered GOATs because it’s used for different scenarios and is less effective than actual GOATs? Also, again, why would you pick Mercy for GOATs if she were to get mass Resurrect back?

Why? Elaborate please. Why would a weaker version of Resurrect and by extension, Mercy be used in place of the supports that are actually used for GOATs?

If we were to compare ultimate charge numbers, it is actually one of the most slowest charging ultimates in the game. Through in the fact that for GOATs, your Moira, Brig or Lucio are going to be taking your heals and there it is; you’re going to be waiting an incredibly long time for your ultimate to come up.

That’s if we assume that there isn’t 2 other healers.

I’ll ask again; why pick Mercy over any other support for GOATs? If it truly was for Resurrect then she’d be used in GOATs right now since mass Resurrect is weaker than Resurrect on E. That aside, I feel like you’re just making your own arbitrary definition of GOATs to support your argument. Might I ask you not to do that?

Ok… I really could not care? I watch other YouTubers, coaches and Streamers when I want to improve myself in-game. Is it really an issue that I don’t watch Jayne?

I don’t need someone telling me what I should research in other to research. That’s called being lazy :unamused:

1 Like

I was thinking that her ultimate would be extremely effective when against GOATs but now that I think about it, it would take too long to charge. :frowning:

Adding a new gamemode is completely different than bringing back an ultimate they specifically got rid of a for a reason, don’t even try to compare the two. Also, balance changes =/= adding in gamemodes in general. If that’s your best argument for why Mercy “could possibly” be reverted…

thank u, next

I’m referring to the section regarding “Hide n Res”. I thought the context would’ve suggested this much. :confused: Also, saying that it doesn’t defend mass Resurrect is completely false. The whole thread argues as to why old Mercy didn’t need a rework and even suggested a form of mass Resurrect as a solution…

It could come back. :blush:

This may have been true before all the burst damage and in turn burst healing came into play. However, as the game is now, Mass Rez would go against the flow.

The devs have very much pushed the idea that OW should focus on it’s fast paced and high impact game play.

Mass Rez would instead extend and lengthen the matches which goes against the goal of how they want this game to flow as.

HOWEVER

Mercy as is ALSO goes against this as her healing takes too long to be effective; yes it’s constant but currently nearly every hero can burst through it.

Her Rez is jarring and breaks her flow of play. This isn’t that uncommon, Symm’s current TP and Reaper’s Shadow Step are also at fault for disrupting the flow of play.

Her ult lasts too long and therefore lacks the immediate impact that (most) other ults have. It takes Mercy out of the fight in some instances (Ie sit in the skybox).

Mercy’s mobility is one of the few things that seemed to have kept up with the change in how OW’s path is going, but that’s been there since the beginning though has been improved through of all things, bugs.

Mass Rez did work for a while and would have if OW continued to be played like it once was; but now it does not.

It seems that Valk will be here to stay-but things will need to be adjusted to it to make it actually flow better with the game. Shorten it’s length, reset cooldowns, not breaking the tether-just something.

(In general Mercy’s kit may need to be looked into. She can have consistent healing but perhaps either have a higher rate of healing on crit health allies or have her start at a higher hps and have it diminish. These are both things that could help her prevent deaths to allies rather than needing them to die to use her utility)

1 Like