Masive FPS drops (New WIndows & Acount) EU Player

Since EU forums are usualy empty i did come to us forums seeking some help.

Ok so yeah, i know my setup is low and trash, but the game worked fine till i reinstalled my windows last week. Here is my setup:

Laptop ASUS A541UV-GO1238:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-7100U 2.4GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR4
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® 920MX 2GB

When i first played the game (in december it worked perfectly fine on low, stable 40-50 fps on 1366x768, now to make it playable i use everything on super low even resolution scale is on 50% and i use 1240x720. The strange thing i dont unsertand is why i have those masive fps drops. It work on around 90-120 fps depending on map with those settings but hell, i have some drops under 10 fps. I have all my drivers up to date, tested my conection is all fine, i dont have almost anything else installed on it, just hots, starcraft 2, diablo 3, hearthstone and bsplayer (sometimes i install discord). I did disabled superfectch and cortana, and i do disable real time protection (this thing is keeping my hdd at 100% while its on). Anny sugestion (and please dont get spamm me with get a better pc/laptop upgrade).

Edit: my battlenet launcher is in other partition than the game install folder (i use c for windows and programs e for games and f for media) could this be the problem? I do start most games witchout launcher, i use the launcher just to keep them up to date.

1 Like

Disable the Game PVR function in Windows.

Edit: also switch power profile to high performance, just noticed you’re on a laptop.

I am on high performance, i will search and disable PVR today

Edit: no effect

https:// imgur. com/a/KostywS

That screenshot was made with render at 100% fps are in corner, i have that fps constantly, but the fps drops are bloody random, i must stay with render at 50% to be sure when fps drops ocure i have a chance

PS: please remove the spaces from imgur pic

I find this far from true, the European forums have some great forum MVPs and Blizzard Support agents in their technical support forum. Always remember that it is impractical for every post to be immediately responded to so sometimes you do have to bump to get attention.

Unfortunately in most cases, FPS drops are often dependant on very specific issues to each individual machine, however, there are a few good tips to try. First, try this article:

Next, please check your NVidia control panel for the following settings:
First, you need to set your Power Management settings to the high performance setting. If you don’t have a performance/quality setting already, you can use the left hand side of the power plan window to create one.

Now that this is done:

1. Right click your desktop and go to Nvidia Control Panel
  2. Select Manage 3d Settings from the left menu
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Select the Overwatch Application in the list. If it isn’t there, Add it using the option next to the drop down
  5. In the options below, find CUDA - GPUs
  6. Set this to your Nvidia card, then click Apply
  7. Select Configure Surround, PhysX from the left menu
  8. Toggle the PhysX settings dropdown to use your Nvidia card.

Finally, reset the game settings to force it to pick up the changes.

I also have additional tips in my guide here:

Well my fps is back to normal after tryng absolutly everything, but new problem is up, 200 ping??? I mean i checked with other games, max 90 ping on amsterdam servers and max 110 ping on russians ones. I live in romania

For that recommend testing your connection route by running a WinMTR test:

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98