Many SMS phone posts but new account bots

If the game was not free, then yea i would agree that is rough but the game is free and that is why i am saying these numbers might look like a minority to blizz.

Btw Lucky, you are having a problem correct? I think I read that in another thread and look at you with 5668 posts. I am also having a problem and I’m sitting here at 3520 posts. LuckyDucky is too and he has almost 9000 posts. So maybe the OP could see that normal, regular users are having problems too and deduce that this doesn’t have to be the result of some conspiracy?

Anybody ever tell you what happens when you “assume”? It’s an old “dad joke”, stop me if you’ve heard it.

1 Like

I know what you’re saying. I’m merely showing you the most accurate information I could possibly gather

It’s not a small problem locking out the Player Base from playing OW2

It’s never going to deter nor prevent anything from going against the ToS and fixes absolutely nothing implementing SMS

I was referring to people with no phones trolls, not the phone plans issues.

Yeah and you’re still wrong, my problem is I don’t have a cell phone. Ta-daa.

Don’t just assume if you can help it, and when you do, don’t stick by your guns when people tell you something you just imagined is wrong. That can lead to all sorts of trouble.

1 Like

It doesn’t let you change the first number in your phone number. My boyfriend can’t play because he can’t change his phone number and it’s set to a phone that is pre paid.

Some people only have pre paid phones

Some don’t even have phones

I think it was a good way to combat smurfing but I feel like locking the ip of someone’s pc to one account would be better. I don’t know if that is possible though tbh. But they do need some alternative way to verify the account.

1 Like

I know it’s hard to imagine for some that there are ppl whom view extra unnecessary Bills as being something they do not seriously need so they keep their Home # and leave it at that

I dont know much video games that require it, i had one app for a game before but it was bonus not requred thing.

so, OP

what are you going to do in a week’s time when the forums are flooded with people who can’t play because their provider isn’t accepted?

say “nice try riot!” or kick a lil “well SORRY but maybe stop trying to smurf” their way?

with people like this, who needs CMs?

I’ve been playing Overwatch for over 6 years.
I have purchased almost every skin.
I also purchased the watchpoint pack but can’t play because of their SMS protection.
Their SMS protection is restricted to a limited number of providers, not the usual ones.

1 Like

The silence from blizzard in this regard is deafeaning, they probably even groomed WyomingMist to behave in the same way. Neglecting the communities most predominant gripes.

1 Like