Man That Mercy Buff

Just so you know, this doesn’t appear on mobile.

:frowning: I’m sad. I’ll try to fix it later this week. ^-^

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positively and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

Seems alright to me. I’m on mobile. The text is just a tad bit to thick

1 Like

You found that out just now?

Devs make huge sweeping changes all at once: “This is terrible, we hate it!”
Devs buff something that players have been asking for, in small controlled steps: “They don’t listen to us!”
:man_shrugging:

Can anyone tell me what is setting these mercy buff sarcastic disappointment threads apart tho

Why dont we wait and see. Pharah is stronger now and Mercy just got a nice little buff. See what happens.

To be fair, the only reason Mercy is in this whole mess is because Blizzard didn’t listen to begin with.
Same can be said for Doomfist and Sombra.

1 Like

I’m on mobile again. All I see is a triangle and the emojis. It has something to do with the font.

1 Like

Love that everyone is solely focusing on the heal increase to valk. They did reduce the cost by 15% and it isn’t like it took forever to build to start with.

When the rework first came out Blizzard listened to everyone but the Mercy mains. The Pros, Streamers, and Youtubers all claimed she was fun and balanced. Then we got stuck with some broken OP mess nobody liked playing.

Now still they dont acknowledge our feeback, and we only want her to be fun and not OP.

Valk feels usless, and making the being pre nerf will do nothing. Nothing has changed.

1 Like

What made her unfun though? That’s subjective but I’ve been asking because I dont see what changed from her base kit besides mass rez

This drama queens, dear god…

Just revert the damn game back to 2016.

Why is it every Blizzard game on the market has totally gone to crap over the last 12-18 months?

5 Likes

I would like a revert, but then the roles would change from Mercy mains complaining on the forums to everyone else.

I want a reworked rez for ult in some way, but I doubt that will happen

Also, the game was more fun back when it first came out. No Comp, no meta. Just go play whoever you want.

1 Like

Do you mean Valk in general? Valk post-January? Or Mercy post-50hps nerf?

For me, at least, Valk pre-mass nerf was - not exactly the most fun thing in the world, but was off-set by being strong. I never liked having to put myself out in the open like that move requires, I wasn’t huge on the way it flew either, but at least I could still use it to help the team.

Post Valk-nerf, it really felt as though Mercy barely had an ult at all anymore. They lowered your flight speed, which made for a rough transition and a lot of pointless deaths that would have been avoided before, but the loss of Rez utility made it feel much less impactful. Valk needed a nerf for sure, but to this day, I only really choose to use it to heal someone who has strayed too far from the team, or occasionally in the middle of a big brawl that I don’t want to be in the middle of. Compared with Zenyatta and Reaper, my other major characters, it just felt like I wasn’t doing much of anything but my normal job, only from miles above the battlefield. Still, she was at least still fun to use outside of her ult.

Post 50hps nerf, she didn’t even have that going for her. All too often, I end up locked onto an engaged teammate, forced to watch their health slowly trickle away, and there is nothing I can do to help, while your teammate screams at you to heal them. You just feel helpless, and worse, useless. At least on Zenyatta, I could help them finish off their opponent before they themselves are taken out.

I got 3 reasons for ya:

• It’s a buff.

• It’s a start. The buff goes to show to the devs still care about Mercy.

• It’s a buff. No, it’s not as great as most people want, but like I said in 2, it’s a start towards a hopefully bright future. Look at the bright side, not the dark.

1 Like

Thank you for a genuine answer. My argument though is stemming from you saying you were doing the same thing but high above now. That’s more or less what every character does, exactly what they normally do but enhanced for a split or few seconds.

The Mercy with mass rez was weak according to a lot of her playerbase on these forums. You had the one button press of impact for a split second and that was it more or less. Fun is subjective and we cant balance around it solely so I think Valk was a good idea, just overloaded, as it enhances all the things that drew players to Mercy imo.

Why is it a bad ult? Because you personally don’t like it and find it ‘boring’?

Not one Mercy player has said this or anything even remotely like this ever. Just stop.

1 Like