Man, just get Rein and Zarya out of meta, please

I really, really hate this meta.

What I hate most is the powerlessness.

Rein and Zarya are SO GOOD you have to play them even when they’re a bad idea. I just went up against a carrying Doomfist. It would have been absolutely great to be able to play Wrecking Ball to mess him up, or Roadhog to hook him. But no. I can’t play any of the rest of the roster, and that means I can’t change to react to ANYTHING. Because the rest of the tanks are trash, and then you just lose.

It makes tanks feel so powerless. Even when playing Rein and Zarya!

15 Likes

orisa sigma is still strong
orisa rein is still strong
rein sigma is still strong
orisa zarya is strong
winston dva is OK if they dont play brig or moira

10 Likes

Orisa Rein, ok.
But the rest? You keep telling yourself that…

3 Likes

all of those are viable tanklines. Not in a scrim environment, but in ranked, sure
although winston dva and orisa sigma are still played in scrims semi often

1 Like

Just dump him down to 900 barrier or something.

I am sick of this trash. Rein is the WORST tank to play and he’s all you can play.

3 Likes

all of the other tanks are incredibly viable even in GM. i see hogs and sigmas all the time and orisa is common as well. idk what youre on about. even in my 4.2k scrims rein/zar isnt played all the time.

5 Likes

And when I get to GM I’ll care about that.

9 Likes

im just pointing out the fact that rein/zar isnt necessary to win. other comps are viable especially in the lower ranks.

2 Likes

Other tanks are viable, don’t feel like you have to play those two. If you do feel that way and for play them, you’ll never get the practice you need to beat those two on other tanks.

Just gotta bite the bullet and lose some games to get that practice in.

2 Likes

What are people suppose to play then? There’s only so many (/s) to choose from.
You only use your qp games as an poor excuse to basically ‘‘delete’’ these 2 heroes just cause you dont like to see them.

These 2 heroes are good if played well, same goes for other heroes regardless of who you’re playing against as.

Complaining about how better team killed you with team synergy & when they played well with these heroes, etc will not help you with anything. Not even by you / other teammates getting better at the game.

1 Like

I’m just pointing out that in any rank I’ll ever see, it isn’t true.

They’re drastically better at the same skill level. Most of the other tank’s aren’t good at any skill level. It’s stupid and unfair, and I hate it.

I’m better at other tanks now. Assuming they weren’t trash, my best tank is Orisa, and my second best is Wrecking Ball. But now they’re just crap, and my best bet for winning is to hope like crazy I get a Reinhardt so I can play Zarya, and my second best is play Rein like garbage.

It’s pretty messed up when I feel like I’m better on my worst tank than my best tank.

3 Likes

First of all, absolutely without a doubt the worst decision I’ve ever heard, and 2, that’s subjective.

1 Like

I didn’t explicitly mean getting better at the other tanks, I meant getting better at fighting Rein Zarya as them

Don’t just roll over, die, and then switch to the meta. You’ll never improve that way unless you enjoy playing the meta. Clearly, you don’t.

Look, they nerf the meta defining hero when it’s clear he’s a problem. Rein is a problem. He needs to be nerfed.

They did it to Orisa and Sigma. It’s time to be fair and nerf Rein too.

Or do something. This is such a toxic meta and it’s gone on for so long. Why won’t they fix it?

1 Like

This is only good if the Orisa is aggressive, which generally isn’t a good idea. I wish they would make Orisa more of a Brawl Tank, then Orisa/Zarya would be really good.

I mean, I don’t get why they were so aggressive in nuking double barrier, when this is much worse. You could play whatever you wanted in most ranks during the end stages of double barrier. Now, Rein Zarya wins at every level except the highest, and even there it’s still dominant.

1 Like

They should definitely buff Sigma and Orisa rather than nerf Rein or Zarya.

Double barrier was WAY worse. I am VERY happy they took this approach.

3 Likes

No it wasn’t.

Other tanks were at least kind of functional during double barrier.

Right now anything other than Rein Zarya is a hard throw in every rank but GM and in GM it’s just a bad idea.

2 Likes

I regularly destroy rein/zar with rein/ball. Like, it’s not hard. Knock them back, they get no value.