Man... I just don't have fun anymore

I read it all dude.

20 chars.

It seems like you should probably just stay off of the forums. There are way more complaints and toxicity here than in the actual game. Rank-shaming is less of a thing in-game than it is on the forums because, if somebody got grouped with you, they’re probably right around your skill level.

Also, Brigitte is a lot of fun if you just ignore the complaints and play her. Don’t listen to us.

2 Likes

okay then why just respond to the title when he/she is making valid points?

1 Like

Nah look I don’t care what you say about my rank, it bothers me a bit sure. It hurts to be confronted by the fact that I sometimes don’t feel “good enough” and it’s a hit to my ego. That is true.

Though I can handle it, some of my buddies can’t. Their nights are getting ruined and they get demotivated because they’re trying really hard and not getting the results they feel they deserve. And being kicked by the community while they’re down.

It’s just not fun.

3 Likes

In terms of Brigitte, I feel the change that needs to be done is remove her stun entirely and increase her inspire healing and/or inspire duration to make her more of a healer. Right now it’s stun-galore and it’s not fun playing against something that has no counter. And since she’s always along with others, that 1 second stun = death.

As for toxicity, lets see how private profile and LFG turns out when it comes out. I personally want a clan system as well, but this has to do for now. It might just save the day.

The patch time is extremely wonky, because at some cases they change something rather quickly, while other times they take their sweet time to get to changing. And why they have PTR is beyond me, they rarely listen anyway to what feedback is coming from there, as what is on PTR more or less always ends up on live.

As for the lore, I feel they have a lot of good stories in Overwatch that never gets told because they’re sticking to their PvP only approach. The game could be wonderful on the PvE cooperation arena and story front, but we only get a few PvE events now and then and fewer still that revolve around the lore. So here I feel they have an untapped potential.

1 Like

Youre not alone. I quit a while ago:

4 Likes

Yeah, Brig killed the game for me.

Like, despite the fact that people will immediately say “ah! salty Tracer main!” to me, this isn’t the first time Tracer has periodically been a bad pick. Indeed at ranks I play at, she’s actually the best performing offence hero still.

Indeed, what Brig did was basically make every hero I enjoyed and…made them not enjoyable. Hog? Nope. Orisa? Nope. Moira? Nope. S76? Nope. Even Rein, despite him being mandatory right now, not fun being stunned so much. Winston? Unplayable.

And it’s particularly upsetting as I’ve literally never not enjoyed Hog or Orisa before. Even when they’re off meta, even when Hog was overnerfed, I still enjoyed playing them. But now, thanks to Blizzard, I can’t.

5 Likes

One of the worst things is that Brigitte makes people play characters like Hanzo or Widowmaker. You know, the “one-shot” kind of heroes that can suddenly take you out of the game without any prior warning.

(for example, Doomfist can oneshot you but you can hear his fist charging so there’s some time for you to react)

The fact that she destroys EVERYONE is terrible. Hearing a loud “Alla till mig!” just basically means “it’s over” 9 times out of 10.

Hm, fair point. Though my original points might be on the negative side, I truly would love to see a positive change in them.

4 Likes

Same with the 6 seasons of only Dva/winston/tracer/genji/mercy.

A HUGE part of the community didn’t like genji or tracer due to their lack of true counters. It took them 5 full seasons of competitive to create anything to stop the repetitive meta. Now they have one and the players are happy.

Mace lady isn’t fun because she does her job so well. The only true CC counter is orisa, but she doesn’t get played a lot in this meta. If you wanna beat Brigitte, play her efficient counters like junkrat, pharah, sombra, and doomfist. Or simply focus her as a team, like roadhog.

Unfortunately, Toxicity is a really big issue that will most likely never get better. You can’t change angry people’s opinions that your not doing well enough, or your ‘throwing so you need to swap’. Blizzard is coming up with better ways to separate the toxic players from the nice players. Endorsements and stuff like that. Just gotta stick with it till it gets better.

On the lack of lore going around, I honestly don’t know, we usually get cool lore every 3 months. But it’s come to a fierce stop. Blame OWL then? That’s what I blame for the lack of general balancing, lore, and content in OW.

Y’know… It’s times like these, where I’m bored, angry, and all those negative things at a game, I usually go do something stupid in it to make myself enjoy it again. Like I always did in TF2…

If only custom games weren’t about as rare as a unicorn, a yeti and an alien having a tea party.

Well- I’m not sure if a game like Overwatch needs any more stupid, at least not the kind it’s getting right now.

Still, if you’re having trouble enjoying the game, you can either,
A: Play something else for a little while.
Or B: See if you can find a good custom match to mess around in.

3 Likes

yea ive started to get bored. I still play, just not as much nowadays.

I started playing some LoL :slight_smile:

I agree, it’s like water dripping from a faucet.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with Brigitte? I thought we were done complaining about her

The biggest factor that’s limiting my fun at the moment is the matchmaking.

I had taken a few days off due to being frustrated by just that (and I was also really sick; vomiting into a trash can while in the middle of a match kinda sucks. XD)

But I came back last night, and … yep, same ol’ same ol’. First match on Nepal, we literally spawn camped the enemy team. I mean they never touched the point, it was ridiculous.

Second game … got placed against a 6 stack with a smurf Widow. We tried Winston, D.Va, our own Widow, etc. You just can’t compete with that and coordination. Got freaking’ dominated. Headshot, headshot, headshot, they won in perhaps the quickest steamroll ever.

So yeah, I don’t really have much desire to subject myself to that crap on most days. Neither of those scenarios was fun, and I can’t figure out how the MM system can be that bad sometimes.

It’s undeniably getting worse as times goes on, too, which logically makes no sense.

2 Likes

Adding Brigitte WAS a mistake. Instead of countering dive, she leaked out of that anti-meta and created one of her own, which by the way is NOT fun. Playing Reinhardt on this account gives me aids. I constantly get stunned and die, but my team still needs me to play on this hero.

1 Like

This happens to every other game, from Dota to Street Fighter 5.

Easily countered and avoided. The argument that a support shouldn’t 1v1 is bad. This is a hero based game. There is no such thing as only DPS can do high damage while support are not allowed to. The joy and fun of Overwatch is no hero needs to be stuck to be an generic archetype. If you want those games where if you pick medic you cant carry powerful weapons, you can try etc like Killing Floor, Battlefield etc

with new maps, heroes, events, rework etc almost every single month , Overwatch is one of the most consistent game that keeps on expanding itself

This one i agree with you. The pace is pretty slow. But im sure it is hard to pump out lore as they have wait for every department to be ready. For example, the Moon lore is probably done, but they have to wait for Designers, Programmers, Tester to finish with Hammond so they can release everything together. They also have to wait for the correct month to release because this month is Anniversary, last month was Retribution and the previous was something else.

Take a step back and appreciate how Overwatch is seriously pumping out and patching constantly since launch while constantly taking in **** from all sides and having discouraging post like this pops up constantly.

If you are bored, play something else, Come back a few months later and there will be new map new hero, new event, new rework, new cosmetics, new UI to play with.

1 Like

No, I think it was a good reply. For one simple reason: There’s no reason to play a game that you don’t enjoy.

Case in point, I just started playing Cities:Skylines for the first time. I love it. Zero toxicity, much more relaxing, and you have to go out of your way to make a catastrophic mistake–from which you can recover from a save point.

With OW I can only take about an hour at a time, two hours max. With CS I have to literally set a timer so I don’t stay up half the night tinkering with my city. (Ironically I personally see that as an advantage of OW, but that’s just me.)

The purpose of this thread is to provide feedback on why the OP thinks the game has become less fun for them, while showing that they still care about the game and think there are ways the devs could improve it.

It’s always better to give feedback. Telling people to just quit a game because they don’t like the direction it’s heading is horrible advice. Often times, if one person feels strongly about something, there are many others who feel the same.

The concerns voiced by the OP are concerns that a huge number of players have as well (see other threads with similar topics). Your post does nothing to acknowledge the feedback, but rather dismisses all of it. Thus, you missed the entire point of the thread, regardless of whether or not you read it.

@OP - I entirely agree with you. Brigitte is a huge problem right now and seriously makes the game less fun for me. I can still have fun playing the game, but she definitely makes it less enjoyable. I really hope she gets some proper balancing.

The lack of lore isn’t a huge deal to me, but I do agree there isn’t a whole lot of it and it would be cool to have more of it.

The long wait on patches is something I hope the devs work on doing better. Brigitte should be nearly balanced by now. I don’t understand why they take so long to make simple changes. The devs should at least communicate to us why it takes them so long to make changes so we can better understand their process.

The toxicity problem is one I can see the devs are working on. I’m optimistic the new features will help reduce toxicity to some extent, but there will always be people who get angry and toxic in competitive games.

1 Like

Do not play at all. K. Bye.

That’s exactly the kind of attitude that’s killing games like Overwatch.

If you created a video game to sell, that relied on things like marketing, good reviews, etc. Would your first response to any dissent really be: ‘play something else?’

1 Like