Make Total Mayhem a permanent mode

Very important question: Why is Total Mayhem not a permanent mode yet? People enjoy it a lot. When you enter to find a game you have one in seconds and you stay with the same people for plenty of games just because nobody wants to leave because its super fun. I only start up overwatch to see if there is total mayhem and shut it off as soon as i find out that it’s not there. I don’t need 4 different elimination modes, and I am sure many people don’t.

I have seen exactly this topic now many times already in the community forums. I even see petitions online for it. Blizz says the community should suggest things in this forum. Since Total Mayhem was suggested to be permanent already millions of times it makes me believe that really blizz doesn’t read through here neither cares.

2 Likes

Game Director Jeff Kaplan has commented on this…

Hi thanks for the reply!

Okay, but I wonder why nobody plays it in Custom Game mode.

2 Likes

vanilla modes lack workshop chaos
Which is why things like 500% everything or 999% everything are much more populated on custom games

1 Like

I think that putting it in custom game modes is the worst idea for Total Mayhem. Custom game modes are basically just modes for people waiting to get into a real game and I almost never see people actually stick around for a whole match. TM is reliant on people sticking around and because matches can last from 5min to 45 minutes, or even longer, it just won’t gel with how people actually use Custom Game Modes.

The custom game modes are more for modes like Ult Gun Game, where you can just shoot some random fools for 30 seconds to a minute.

1 Like