Make Symm support again!

All I want for Symmetra is for her to be faster. Faster teleporter deploy time, faster primary fire ramp-up, and faster turrets while they’re travelling to their spot. 250hp wouldn’t hurt because of her lack of range, and if they never increase her ramp-up then how about making it so that damage Symmetra does with her turrets also affects her weapon charge, in addition to the damage she’s doing directly.

Hey playrate actually dropped after the rework which would represent Symm mains dropping off playing her. This is especially true if you take into account new players coming to play her too. Symm mains on average don’t like the rework.

Her turrets do more damage individually but there are only 3 of them so because they individual turrets damage was NOT doubled she does less damage with them than before so a overall nerf.

6 turrets doing 30 dmg = 180 dmg which is more than 3 turrets doing 50 dmg = 150 dmg. This is even more true if you take into account it would take longer to shoot 6 targets down as opposed to 3.

Stats from Overbuff or any other Site is not a good represent of the data of all the players. And it is more unreliable since the private profile change. There are plenty of Sym mains out there that are happy with the rework. Just because of there are some people unhappy with it it is unfair to claim “Sym mains on average dosen’t like it”. And it is also natural that only unhappy players are the most vocal about it.

Her old turrets had only 1hp. It was far easier to destroy those turrets than the current one. Just a one-touch from tesla cannon and they are gone or just from any splash damage. And you have to do a lot of work to set up your nest, not to mention the animation delay it had. Because of the delay and very close range, it was really hard to use them during a combat. Which overall reduce the damage they can practically put out during a match. Now you can teleport them instantly behind enemy lines. Throw them out from a safe distance.

How many times did you get a gold damage as old Sym? It is far too easy to get gold damage with new Sym even when there is a Junk rat or Bastion on your team. If you pay attention you will see all that damage comes mainly from turrests.

This is just a suggestion. Maybe you should try changing your playstyle. Or watch how high-rank Sym mains play. Try to adapt to the new style. For me personally, the new Sym is far better than the old one. And there are lot Sym mains who are in favor of the changes.

WAIT A MINUTE
she is now an attack hero…
her ultimate is still a support ult?

also why the hell did they remove her photon projector’s ability to manipulate debris in the world?

Overbuff and such are the only demographic data we have access too and while it isn’t perfect it is all we can go on. Even if it isn’t perfect it is still useable data and does indicate trends.

Her turrets still have such low health even a punch can kill them so it really doesn’t matter if they have more health now since they are still one shot to destroy. If you teleport the turrets they are all together so you can literally punch and destroy all 3 in a single attack. It is generally a terrible play to put them through the teleporter since it will just put all your turrets on a giant cooldown and get them destroyed instantly.

I have tried many play styles I have adapted tons of times. I have watched countless videos and tried completely different tactics. It all comes back to this Symm being strictly worse both in numbers and in reality. The amount of situations I am left in constantly where old Symm would be perfect but new Symm can’t do anything I can’t even count. I went from being a top tier Symm player to hoping the enemy is stupid enough to let me have value. My damage is half of what it used to be with old Symm.

New Symm is pure garbage.

1 Like

Then I have to wonder what you were doing right with 2.0 vs what you’re doing wrong with 3.0.

My damage numbers are considerably higher now with 3.0 vs 2.0. Most of this comes down to the right click and the new tossable turrets.

Are you moving your turrets where the action is, or using them like previous, setting them at choke points?

I actively throw my turrets behind teamfights, around corners where enemies will be coming in, and at choke points where I know fights will be happening.

I toss orbs where I know people will be on payload maps, and try my best to predict pathing of enemies so that they will run into the orbs I’m tossing. Primary is used on targets if I have a Mei in the group, or I have a large target like Dva, WB or Roadhog.

I usually end up with 3 golds every match, Kills, Obj kills and Damage. (If they had a medal for deaths, I’d probably have a gold there too…)

This is you not being able to adapt problem. Not a hero problem. Just because you couldn’t do it, it doesn’t mean others can’t. There are plenty of people including me who enjoys the changes and are able to perform far better things that wouldn’t be possible with old Sym.

Old Sym was the garbage. And that’s why every Sym main cried in the old forum asking for a change. And the change came. If you think it’s unfair for them to change that much, then voice your opinion. If you think the changes are bad then say it. It is your opinion. But Saying things like the majority of Sym mains don’t like it, is just false. Because there are plenty of Sym mains like me who are enjoying the changes.

Make Symm support again!

Why “again”? She never was a support which was the initial problem.

Telebomb is too common now and many know to take it out immediately. It’s a gimmick and not worth creating a 30 second cooldown for.

1 Like

HEY, wouldn’t it be cool if instead of building a teleporter, Symmetra can shoot portals just like in Portal?

2 Likes

No. Even the devs said they tried it and didn’t like it.

Nobody wants the 5 meter range on her primary back.

1 Like