Make Symm support again!

You can kill them in flight with a melee anyway, melee is 30hp, anything over 1hp is overkill.

Throwing them at a Dva and having them survive doesn’t mean much, unless you threw them directly at her. Her flight boop kills turrets on the wall, because they’re to the side of her, I think you’d have to nail it just right during flight to kill it. I could be wrong though.

I just know every time I’m attempting to save my bacon attempting to use a turret to slow my opponent down, if they’re looking at me when I do it, it’s getting destroyed. It doesn’t matter if I’m looking behind them, to the side of them, if they’re shooting it gets destroyed instantly. I know danged well Soldier isn’t doing 30 damage a bullet, and he’s destroyed them in flight by chance. Same with Tracer. Same with Dva.

Me not being slowed down by the cast time doesn’t mean jack diddly when I need the turret to be active and doing damage for me, not gently wafting down to the floor, latching on and deploying like some five year project.

Symmetra used to be able to use Turrets to win a 1v1.

She cannot now, unless the other person allows the turrets to activate (and no one with half a brain will do that) that is a disadvantage she did not have before.

That, on top of no shield and no lock on gun, very unreliable primary and secondary fire damage - uh… Yeah, she’s super awesome! e_e

I meant to say you can’t kill them with a melee in Total Mayhem.

Because they have 60hp. They’d still only have 1hp in flight though.

Are you saying that they can’t be killed in flight with melee in TM?

Well, honestly I have no idea where tf did all of Symm picks go to, but I for sure see her less than I used to

1 Like

Posts with no argumentation, you’ve gotta love 'em

1 Like

Old sym was just better to me. She was really effective, her playstyle was unique now we have nothing like it.

New sym is lame to me.

3 Likes

Iv always wanted her to be a support focused on giving shields and dmg mitigation

Their were so many ideas thrown around for sym before her rework

4 Likes

I just watched a few videos to compare the two cast times and the new one is faster due to turret instantly starting its activation as soon as it hits the surface rather that forming then start the activation sequence.

She still can… I’ve done it many times.

You do realize that her turrets could be killed the instant they started forming. Since of it’s short placement range, you could instantly melee it then shoot easily Symmetra since she’s slowed down

Are you sure it’s 1hp? I don’t think so. I get hitmarks on them all the time and it doesn’t destroy them.

I also don’t see anything on that. I think they are still 30hp flying

Yep. If they had 1hp in the normal modes, they would only have 2hp in Total Mayhem, effectively the same.

I guess I’m just going to have to get someone to test it with me then on a custom server, much as I did with the brightness on her alt fire.

I’ve had my turrets blow up in flight with glancing damage too many times to count., which is why I believe they only have 1hp.

1 Like

Junkrat: “I’m getting the feeling they removed the shield generator.”

1 Like

Shoot at it with d.va who has poor damage and you will see it hit but not destroy them right off

Go into the training range and throw a turret into a bot (assuming their shots don’t do 30 damage).

Maybe the short range is an issue here. I’ll admit that the point of him getting cc’d into oblivion is unlikely, but at least he’ll be stunned long enough for you to escape. At any rate he doesn’t kill you in 2 swings. I play enough Rein to know his ttk.

Okay. Three. I was being facetious.

12 meters is quite harsh as a range too. Not detracting from that. Especially for a squishy. Pharah ruins Sym and theres very little she can do to stop it from happening.

bUt i"M tHe OnlY oNE wHo PLaYs mY sPeCiAl HErO uR nOt AlLoweD tO hAvE aN OpINiOn!!

1 Like

Sym 1.0

add shield generator

allow tele and shield gen to be tethered to the payload

let her turrets heal and speed allies

allow the 25 HP shield to be automatically applied if you get within 5 meters of Sym, but also allow her to still shoot it too.

From a Mercy main to Sym, we love you and you’ll always have a home over here, and a place in our hearts :heart:

1 Like