Make Symm support again!

She’s still unique though?

Ugh the only thing our Sym player supports is his team on his back.

ohdamnhecarries

But for real, Sym mains might hate her, but some players are taking a liking to her. In fact, whenever our teammate or rando wants to run Sym in comp we don’t even question it like we used to.

Sym’s got claws now, keep her that way.

2 Likes

TBH I don’t trust the Devs with “oh it didn’t work out”, but then Brig, Hanzo and Mercy’s rework did…

I personally think it would be great with the new way of deploying turrets, since she could throw a Reinforcement Turret near where the fight is to heal a Winston while creating a corner for her team to retreat to to get heals. She’d need to constantly keep managing space and her turrets to be effective.

2 Likes

No one is scared of Sym. She counters no one. She might have claws but they’re hidden under mittens.

you haven’t seen a good sym then

14:04 is a great example of good Sym play

Think what you will, I play with a few people who seem to be quite successful with her.

Never underestimate a good harasser.

There’s only so much a Sym can do with her tickle-beam, no defenses and a TP that takes 84 years to activate, which you will already be dead by then.

1 Like

I think the new Symm is awesome, She’s a team based pick now and you have to realise that. Her turrets are now some nasty utility to run into as both slow and fast moving heroes get crippled by them, her ult just LOOKS cool and can be used in many ways her tele can make YOUR TEAM defend the enemy from their own point on attack and her primary fire, while underwhelming against most heroes, is great at melting shields in a stand-off and then melting those behind it without them noticing. It just takes a bit to get used to.

3 Likes

I am a good Sym. Doesn’t change the fact she counters no one. She used to. No longer.

What if she gets Photon Shields (25 shields on interact while looking at teammates) that regen after 1 second of not taking damage.

She counters rein, orisa and dva.

1 Like

She’s more of a synergy pick now rather than a counter pick.

A smart Rein will drop his shield and whack you two times and you’re dead. Orisa just needs to focus you. DVa. Sure. But Sym used to be able to always survive that self destruct.

Even at 180dps her beam is painful to use against armour.

I agree she needs some adjustments, but overall she is way more flexible than she was previously. Tele set up time definitely needs adjustments as well as her primary, but the way they function now are way more healthy for the game.

She has always been…that’s the problem.

Again, she has always been like that…

Too bad the enemy team can just walk though it hum? Its not absolute garbage, but its not great either.

If only people used TP…there’s peopl to this day without the key to use it, serving to show needing to press a button was a mistake.

If only she had a way to keep herself alive to melt said shield and said people, unfortunatelly she’s a 200 HP hero with an effective range of 12m. If you are that close to a Tank to “melt their shield”, you are in range to be melted too, and you have no defensive abilities(bye bye photon Shield) and no escape(TP takes so long to activate, you will be dead by the time it did).

I think YOU need to understand that this is her second rework, which again, didn’t elevate her from F-Tier.

Adding to this she also semi counters Tracer and Genji. Any slow from her turrets drastically hinders them. One orb + melee deletes a Tracer.

People are actually learning to play her now and I think she’ll turn out to be very powerful soon. Just wait & see.

Rein takes 3 swings to kill by then he should be cc’d and dead already.

Why were they a problem before???

Her lock-in beam had a 7-meter range. The only hero with that kind of range is Rein. If you dove her and didn’t kill her quickly, she would melt you, that was on the flanker/diver, not her. And even that could be fixed by reducing the lock-on range to be like Moira’s.

TP was never an issue, if anything, it was underpowered since it could be easily destroyed and give no value at all.

Symm is in the garbage and until the Devs listen to the people that actually play her, she will stay there. Get ready for her 3rd rework in 2019.

2 Likes

You’re not taking armour into account. Maybe in a world where a lone Rein holds his shield up like an idiot instead of focusing Sym. Sure. Don’t forget the enemies on the otherside of that shield too who are also focusing Sym.

A lot of this talk is based on theoreticals. Come and actually main Sym. Then we can talk.

2 Likes