Make smurf bannable,

But isn’t it like possible that you don’t get instantly reviewed? Like if it’s after 2-5 games.

They don’t ban anything in a timely manner. I get notifications two days later for 100% cheating reports. I appreciate the fact that they do ban them eventually though.

proove? I mean it’s said often times but i don’t see it.,

I’m not 100% sure that I understand what you are saying. I think what you mean is that it should be easy to see that I am not a smurf if they review more of my games. I am trying to say that what I do (play a few games very badly and then crush in the next few) should look identical to what a smurf would do. The only difference is that I’m naturally inconsistent and the smurfs are being inconsistent on purpose.

The last thing anyone in the overwatch community deserves is actual power

What a disaster that would be

4 Likes

Exactly it would be abused too much.

4 Likes

it’s a claim that’s not really holding against real arguments. I mean, many systems use it. OW community is one of the better, looked at lol or cs:go? And even in CS:GO this system works and is funnily called Overwatch :smiley: It’s proven that it works.

1 Like

Here you go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dexerto.com/amp/overwatch/jeff-kaplan-confirms-moira-changes-and-addresses-overwatch-smurfing-1364082

That’s true, unfortunately, even though I personally blame the embodiment of false advertising that’s Overwatch’s automated reporting system for this…

2 Likes

Overwatch is one of the worst gaming communities all time. Not close.

Have you even played the game and watched others?

Even if you haven’t you must already have heard of such bad behavior.

2 Likes

Not even close, look at lol. You never played it or?

1 Like

He has played much more than you, look at chat every now and then.
So much toxicity… honestly i report around daily 2 people because they are toxic.

2 Likes

It’s the same as in lol. That’s not different

Even if it is then it can still be abused massively with such systems.

1 Like

No it can’t, and it’s always a balance. Its not getting exploited in cs:go, why should it in ow? And how.the balance of this right now it’s just too focused on this no one should abuse anything, so much that this hurts the game more than the abuse

Your system makes use of SR changes right?

Such as:

User 1 is a Smurf, boost SR?

2 Likes

Smurfs don’t deserve boosted SR, they deserve a ban.

I didnt say anything about a system, it’s not my job to create such a system.the current system is just really really bad and focusing too much about potential things instead of real things. I just make ideas of how to change it.

Though you suggested this:

You don’t need to, instead of banning too good players, they get SR Boosts when the OW Police reconized it as too good player in elo. This helps putting them to their level when the system isn’t fast enough, and it defentily isn’t often. And if someone has a too good game, they will drop naturaly. This could be done the other way around too btw.

Also, you’re just going to give them an idea and let them at it?
That’s not constructive feedback y’know…

Knowing how the OW community isn’t taking endorsements seriously, i’d highly doubt they will take such OW Police system seriously.

So even if it’s Reports > OW Police > Customer Support
It will still result in the final verdict of CS, since CS puts alot of trust in the playerbase alot of false positives can come up.

Giving more power to the community is not a good step, since abuse cannot be detected so easily.

No it’s not bad focussing on potential things, we didn’t look at the downsides of RQ and boom long queue times for a few seasons. I always look at the potential things, it’s not good to replace issues with other issues… elimate these issues completely once and for all.

1 Like

Your “ideas” hinge on the idea of smurfs being identifiable without false positives, which they are not. Inconsistent players alone would easily be “identified” as smurfs.

1 Like