Make Overwatch a 25% slower game?

After matches we all have seen the time being super slow. so
is it possible to make the whole game a bit slower as experimental card.
Game is really difficult for an average player, sometimes you just can’t keep up on thing what happen around you and on the screen.

So the idea is to make fire rate a bit slower and movement speed slower too.
not as slow as end game but like 25% maybe?

3 Likes

Heck no. I would take it even faster. Idk, just imagin you move much slower and running back would take you even more time. Sounds boring.

Don´t mean to be rude, but maybe it´s just too fast for you. I am an average causal player and I think it´s just fine. Shooters are meant to be fast and chaotic - that´s why it´s good to make some training workshop and practise your accuracy an reflexes.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, this will not be the case. Aaron Keller has already confirmed that they are looking to make the game “even more competitive”, and all hero reworks so far have alluded to a more fast-paced future.

Symmetra now throws her turrets instead of placing them, Torbjörn throws his turret instead of placing it, he no longer has to build it and babysit it etc

4 Likes

im 31 yo, its fast only if i try to play widow ashe or even mcree, targets are moving too fast.
anyway i was masters as tank and support last year

1 Like

I am around your age xD
Hitscans are rough, tho…that´s why they are hardest to master.

You are not beign rude at all, you are just ignoring a glaring problem OW has. Born as a game accessible by everyone it became really hard to get into really fast and devs should be working on that to be honest
It’s the same problem MOBAS have, but with the additional problem of beign an fps which for the average player are already hard to get into without abilities

Maybe 5v5 will solve this problem but will undoubtely make the game way less depth and strategic

2 Likes

nah its too boring that way. i play pig so id come back from spawn 25% slower. when it already takes the amount of time a paris game lasts to get back to my team

1 Like

I mean…there are modes and ranks for people, who can´t handle the fast pace…right?

2 Likes

don’t die?
many players die first in TF then come back and die again, so basicly enemy kill up to 6 or 7 heroes…
in ALL competitive games if you died- you watch your team playing…so next time you value your game life properly :slight_smile:

Then those heroes aren’t for you. They’re supposed to be REALLY difficult.

yeah but its a becoming a problem when enemy has a flanker or pharmacy and you have to play mcreee or widow to be able to contest them.
since my tier supports can not provide to shoot or peel for themselves

its kinda impossible not to die dude. its part of the game lol. sometimes its best to die so you can reset with your team

100% right, but it’s also the worse rank system i’ve seen in every game i’ve played and there is a huge smurfing problem too it also doesn’t mean they can’t improve on a lot of things for example stuns and boops

boops make the disorientation even worse for no reason other than “haHa i boop’d u outside de mappe”

A lot of problems are the direct result of OW wanting to make everything (the genre) more accessible to everyone. Sure there are ranks, but a CC is even more easy to hit in lower ranks than in higher ranks because how accessible they wanted to make the game

2 Likes

Soldier and Sombra.
(Bastion if youre insane)

This game is all about who can/get their Q the fastest.

That sounds boring a.f.
I don’t agree

1 Like

That’s horrible idea. Only possible way to make OW slower is to nerf damage and increase TTK.

You can always play any original FPS game with extremely low TTK.

just because you cant comprehend anything more than a snails pace dont mean change the game for everybody

1 Like

Idk what TTK is and I don´t like the original FPS.

You’re free to have your opinion but if I wanted to play an RTS I’d play an RTS. The game would def benefit from a 5~7% speed increase.