Make it so Dva can't eat Moira orb

Nice buff to Moira and would make a lot more sense considering the fact that defense matrix is supposed to eat bullets…

Maybe healing orb. Damage orb should be eaten.

19 Likes

Defense matrix is supposed to eat bullets AND projectiles ,moira’s orb is a projectile ,end of story.

21 Likes

DM eats bullets and projectiles. Moira’s orb is a projectile. So is Pharah’s rockets, Hanzo’s arrows, Zarya’s grav, and Mei’s Blizzard, to name a few. If DM only ate bullets it would be a pretty trash ability.

5 Likes

It would create inconsistency, and consistency is very important in this game

Or just aim it slightly above Dva or bankshot it off a wall side to make Dva have to choose to chase the orb or maintain her position

2 Likes

The DM is the only thing that counters those orbs.

Not to mention Moira doesn’t need buffs like at all.

3 Likes

Blizzard: We’ve previously stated that Mercy is a solo target healer but are going to give her AoE heals when in Valkyrie.

They are so consistent.

Defence matrix eats anything that’s a projectile, I don’t know where you got bullets from.

Maybe stop throwing orbs in D.Va’s face.

5 Likes

As both a Moira main AND a D.Va main, I disagree completely. There are times when as Moira, I find my orbs getting eaten a lot by D.Vas, so I change my strategy and it often ends up helping more than anything. And as D.Va, it’s just way too satisfying eating up those nasty orbs that fly around all the time LOL

3 Likes

I don’t play Moira. I just think she needs to get buffed because I’m quite tired of having a zen and Mercy in every team comp.

Nah. It needs counterplay.

3 Likes

Eh, it’s just the devs opinion, not a really good example

What i was talking about is game mechanics consistency, it’s the reason brigitte shield bash afftects a shielding reinhardt like any other melee, but flashbang doesn’t like any other projectile

And defense matrix should eat any projectile, why the mechanic should exclude moira’s orb?

And i don’t wanna talk about mercy here pls

Moira doesn’t even have it that bad with D.Va. D.Va can eat literally every single of one Ana’s abilities.

not saying ana isn’t bad, but still… Moira’s orbs are huge and colorful and slow. Ana’s projectiles and relatively small and move fast.

They seriously need to fix the D.Va/Moira orb behavior—NOT remove D.Va’s ability to delete orbs. Sometimes there is a delay on eating Moira’s orbs—the only projectile that has delay, and one which can be quite inconsistent and frustrating to deal with. Sometimes, I can’t eat an orb in the two seconds I keep Matrix trained on it!

Other times, D.Va will earn healing stats from eating orbs that are in the process of healing its allies, or D.Va can be credited for killing her own teammates for eating a damage orb that is in the process of inflicting damage.

Also inconsistent: why can D.Va still not DM Sombra’s translocator when it is in the air, or Symmetra’s new turrets as they are flying through the air (hey they can be shot midair!)?

Technically doomfist acts as a projectile with a punch, how funny would it be if he just got deleted whenever he punched a d.va :joy:

4 Likes

It is the only defense for those orbs, better to use the orbs for healing anyway.

1 Like

I think it’s a mechanic that should stay.

Moira can play around it without sweating too much and it’s a good wall between decent Moiras and pro Moiras.

1 Like

Defense matrix has a range of 15 meters- giving Dva a 30 meter “no orb” bubble zone.

You’re going to have to aim more than slightly above dva. And at that point you’ll be well out of range of what the orb can tether to.

Dva is a hard counter to Moira’s orb.

And it’s very easy to nom them.

Which is entirely why I go Dva any time I see an enemy Moira.