Make "Avoid as teammate" 20-50 players. Maybe even more

Exactly, it’s like going to the theater, cinema or opera and sitting next to guy who is constantly on his phone. Just because he bought a ticket does not mean we have to accept it.
In game we can’t ask the staff to get rid of him, but we can put avoid mark on him and let him spend his ingame comp time with people who accept such behaviour.
It will actually be a great social feature that will make more people happier, it will make easier for them to find like minded players, who won’t think they are annoying tools. They will find new friends and those who want to try hard in comp, could do it without being bothered by them.

1 Like

I’ve gotten same people multiple times within a week. Up to 4 I would say.

the list is so short because the number of players available for matchmaking will completely collapse if you add too many.

just imaginary numbers for example:
it’s not linear if it was each avoid slot would add let’s say 1min extra time to queue, but it’s actually more like first avoid add nothing to queue, second 30s third 1min 4th 3 min 5th 10 mins 6th 30 mins 7th 2hrs and so on

1 Like

Man i would love 2 hour queues that would be incredible!

1 Like

with 50 avoid slots it would even be possible that there are only 5 or less people in the entire world that could be matched together without having one of the others avoided

at one point you get impossible or infinite queues

Matchmaking just wouldn’t work. Think about how long it takes to find a match with just 3 people avoided

My problem with this is the sheer size of how many people you can avoid. I’m done with rotating players only to be in the next few matches to find that one of the players I rotated out already has a rank gap away from me that’s almost 1k SR is not only in my match… again… and also on my team… again… simply because that one and only thing I hate about matchmaking is that it doesn’t really spread people out with other players of the same rank, and would rather pit them with each other, again, sometimes ignoring SR gaps.

I don’t mind waiting an hour for a better experience (like, I don’t even care if I lose provided its both teams actually try harding against each other).

Its because people will abuse it… it will become “yeah i avoid anyone who picks something i dont like”

I personally feel like the smaller amount of spaces you have to avoid people the more it makes you stop and think " is it worth taking up a spot?"

What i do is i will avoid someone and if all 3 slots are full and i want to avoid someone i just remove the longest avoided person and ill keep doing it, ive never been put on the same team as someone ive removed from my avoid list

Smaller amount of spaces makes it useless.
“yeah i avoid anyone who picks something i dont like” - if someone decides to abuse it, he will single out himself from the game, cause he won’t be able to find games. This will be a problem only for people who will abuse the system.

You know, I used to think like this. The problem is that alot of us encounter several times more players than the avoid limit allows too often that a raise in limits would actually be more beneficial.

Just because there may just be less active players online over time, it doesn’t mean there’s a small amount of people playing the game at all. I’m pretty sure there’s still tens of thousands in queue for competitive mode per sub-region, and hundreds of thousands online per region. Sure, for all we know, its less than half a million online, might not even be quarter of a million online in queue for comp every day, and on a global scale (and I’m just lowballing numbers) but that’s still alot of people online. My main problem with matchmaker, even in prime time per region is that, even with a 1000 SR gap, if the matchmaker somehow thought it was fair to put someone with an SR that’s touching Gold SR ranges… rocking Plat badges, or even Gold badge-rockin’ players that are touching Plat SR… getting queue’d with even players who are Diamond and are touching Masters, even if the last time they both played was two days ago, the matchmaker doesn’t really spread people from each other enough or at all. If they can solve that issue with matchmaker, then the avoid limit can be whatever it is. But if fixing that part of matchmaker is too much of a hassle, might as well increase the maximum amount of players you can avoid and force the matchmaker to spread you to other players, even within your sub-region.

And this is why I want this. If anything, it works like a drug, but more of used for necessity than pleasure. If we use it too much, its already bad for us. If we use it just right, then the side effects become negligible.

This would screw matchmaking up so bad. I play in high master and already see several people on a regular basis. I could only imagine if everyone at my rank had 20+ avoid spots. 12 different people avoiding 100 or so people combined, might as well just start pairing everyone at my rank with plats and golds at that point.

By the time u going to have a game if u avoid 50-100 players u will have a WHITE BEARED from East Coast to West Coast.

U might as well dress as SANTA and wave the BELL outside McDonalds

1 Like

Surely it is easier just to play with your friends (a whitelist) rather than add everyone else to your avoid list (a blacklist).

Clearly cycling through avoids is a lot harder than just finding some people you like playing with and queuing with them?

There shouldn’t be a limit IMO. If you want to avoid 200+ players in your region and are willing to accept longer queue times then it should be allowed. This would also probably correct trolls’ behavior, as if they’re trolling or just suck everyone will avoid them and they’ll suffer longer queue times as well.

1 Like

Everyone keeps claiming it will lead to increased queue times, while forgetting that the problem with the limited avoid list length is spots being wasted on players who are offline.

In reality what we want is the ability to have an unlimited sized list even if it means the matchmaker will only honour a small number of avoidances on that list. That would be leagues better than what we currently have. We don’t want to have to keep removing someone we avoided yesteday to add the three toxic players we were just grouped with, only to have that player we avoided yesterday be placed with tomorrow, when the three people we just avoided are no longer online, because we needed those other three people on the list.

The excuses for not implementing this are rather thin.

1 Like

if you could block 20 players like this guy suggests then you could block every player on your team for 3 games straight, in the highest elos this could be used to abuse the system and create games that are inherently unfair. As well as increase the wait time these players already have though ^^

Exactly this^

Players will essentially shoot themselves in the foot by over-limiting the number of players they can play against.

If blizz implemented such a system, then within a months time, we’d have players on the forums shouting about “wow jeff why am I waiting 10+ minutes for a QP game”

1 Like

not just that, if people have 3 people on avoid each, and you have no overlap, that excludes not 3 people to get matched with you, but the 15 other on the other players avoid list too

if you have 50 on each, that’s between 50 to 300 people you can’t get matched with

Make it 50 players, but only avoid them for up to 72 hours. A week is a bit much especially with only 3 slots. After a day or 2 people cycle up or down from your SR range anyway.

There are just some people that need to STAY on your avoid list for various extreme reasons.

Right now it’s a “lesser of 2 evils” game where you have to pick and choose who you avoid.

You could fill all 3 slots in a single match because you had 2 groups of 2 stacked teams who were spouting racist comments in chat and in VC, or one was throwing, and the other solo queuer is doing something else that lands them on the list. So then a few matches later you cant avoid anyone else who is acting the SAME way those people were not more than an hour ago.

More slots, lower the time avoided.

I don’t very much care how long queue times go. I play Wow. I play DPS. Those LFR and Dungeon Finder queues are 40+ minutes sometimes an hour. I can WAIT for a good match that doesnt have toxic players in it. Thats what Netflix and phone apps/games are for!!!