Make "Avoid as teammate" 20-50 players. Maybe even more

If someone disrupts my game/group, then I can label them a disrupter. Labels are not bad nor good. Labels are labels. Some people use them for good and some for evil.

what happens if someone gets mislabled then? what if i mark you toxic because you played a hero i didnt like or maybe i misinterpreted what you said? its a rabbit hole; tho i do like the idea to an extent.

I edited my original post. If I label someone toxic, I’m the only one able to see the label. Now will you get behind my idea?

agree 100% tho i think its too late, theres already so many features to avoid players or just not hear or see them, adding another would just clutter up the menus. if this was offered up like 2 months ago there could be real promise.

If someone is toxic I can write their name down on a piece of paper. Why not just give us the QoL we all deserve?

im not saying i dont agree with you, theres just so many options available that if feel people must be forgetting they exist.

Well, don’t doubt it. Within that 40 Million player base, there are limitations; Your skill level and time of play. The more people in your skill level you avoid, the less people there will be to play with and thus longer queue’s. The game will be forced to find a match for you where those other players aren’t present. This will decrease the options available to you the greater your avoid list becomes.

Time of play also affects this. If you play within a set time, the other parts of the player base are unavailable to you. This limits you as well.

I for one see players again and again every so often, because I play around the same time and within their skill level. The players you interact with are not so vast that you’ll see one and never see them again.

The number of how many players one can avoid is limited, because it’s unlikely that you will encounter that many people that truly deserve it within a certain amount of time. If the limit is lifted, you’ll have people avoiding someone for the most frivolous things. It will have negative effects.

1 Like

If you need to avoid so many players maybe the problem is you :wink:

1 Like

Unless you’re gm, you’ll probably never see most of the people in your games ever again unless you friend them. Avoid for a game, then after that match unavoid them.

1 Like

The answer to the question of why they don’t make the avoid list bigger is simply a matter of math.

When you get put into a team it isn’t just 5 other people not on your avoid list, but 5 other people who aren’t on each others avoid list and don’t have you avoided. At 2 avoids this doesn’t impact the matchmaking too much, but if they increase the number of avoids it exponentially shrinks the number of possible teams the matchmaker can actually make eventually reaching a point it can’t create any even matches.

Avoid teammate was more or less added for immediate situations of throwers, stream snipers, trolls, etc…

Honestly I’d rather be avoided than reported. If I’m making someone unhappy then they won’t be playing their best (also I don’t really want someone to be angry on my team about anything).

But I do think that “avoid” should have two factors added:

1. You should have played at least two games with that player in the same 48 hour period
  2. The avoid should auto-end in 7 days as it does currently, but they should remain in a list for “previously avoided” for 7 more days.

Really hope this change comes soon, next update or something. Too many leavers and trolls on the scene.

Make number of avoided players infinite and no time limit.

Game is good, it’s some people that makes game not enjoyable.

Just game behind that player left with this new group option. Left the game, but was stupid to still stay on group. Left the group after the game.

4 gold medals and POTG for this game and loss 22 SR again.

Endorse level is 4 now for me and sick and tired of losing games like this.

On console this would be a nightmare.

At 3AM, it feels like there’s only about 30-40 people online in my ELO for any game mode, outside of the custom games. I’m talking about literally playing Total Mayhem with the same 4 out of 12 people in the lobby for a few nights in a row. (NOT on my friend list). Avoiding too many as teammates would make it way too easy to manipulate the queues above Gold for XBL NA

Just make it an unlimited size list and only match the first N results that match in the current search queue. It’s ridiculous that your two spots might be taken up by people who aren’t even playing at that time of day when you are - but you have no way of knowing that.

Neat solution @akasha, though how would such a thing be ordered? and if the player could re-order it.

Not sure it would get any buy in from the dev team as they probably have other higher priority items, but nice solution!

Still waiting for this change.

You still meet people that you don’t want to play ever again and you should have control over that.

I don’t want to avoid all the players, only the toxic ones and trolls. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also think that there lot to improve on matchmaking as well. It seems that matchmaking punishes you for grouping up with friends so I mostly soloq because of this and it is total lottery what you get, so avoiding some people would at least make something for your own good.

If you have a problem with so many people on average, maybe you are the problem itself.

3 Likes

No, I am not. :grinning:

There’s no reason why they shouldn’t just make it an unlimited sized list and only honor the first N players it finds matched in that list, to prevent abuse. Otherwise we’re forced to remove players we added yesterday just to avoid people we know are online now, but then invariable just end up paired with them and having to avoid them again.

1 Like

well the queue would get exponentially longer, i’m fine with 5 people, at most