Make "Avoid as teammate" 20-50 players. Maybe even more

“Avoid as teammate” is great addition, but 2 is not enough. You should be able to avoid as many as you want or 20-50 at least. And why for 7 days only? As long as you want is much better option.

There are all kind of trolls that does nothing in games and you still lose hard earned SR for that. So whole team will get punished because of single player. We should be able to control this more.

If you play 10-20 games of comp one evening and round up with players that does not get the meta it is total doom and then you need to think who to unblock from those 2 that you just added and get teamed with them again. At least us Players could choose more who we want to play with or not.

12 Likes

Yeah it makes no sense why the list is so short. Maybe an argument could be had for the 7 days (just maybe), but list of only 2? What a joke.

7 Likes

So your team could block 120-300 players… does it still seem like it makes sense?

9 Likes

Yes it does if there is reason why they are “Avoided as teammates”. But not playing as 6 pack, usually solo or 2-3 players.

The Dev team said they want to add more. Why not just make an LFG too. Then you can pick your teammates and won’t have to be subject to random matchmaker.

A nice QOL feature that they could add for Avoid Player is, if you already have 2 on your list, and you avoid a third player, just bump one of the people on the list automatically. don’t make us remove it manually.

2 Likes

I could see up to 5 and maybe giving the player the option to change how long. I don’t need to avoid people for 7 days since I often never see that person again. I’d be fine with 24-48hours so my list would clear next time I jump in to play.

1 Like

Actually now that I have played over 100h comp season 10 I would make the “Avoid as teammate” 50-100. :rage:

You will never get your SR back from trolls that make your team to lose or leave the game.

Also that is something that could be fixed somehow that if team member leaves or connection drops or whatever you would lose less SR for that if your team lose. That must be logged somehow.

Yes they might get some minor penalty and lose some SR, but that does not help the rest that try to play the game to the end.

1 Like

its not a solid solution but I always rotate my “avoid as teammates” list and I’ve never had those players on my team again. (add on list, wait 1-2 min after game…etc)

1 Like

If you need more than 10 avoids, you should review your standards.

Avoid as teammate is meant mostly to reduce toxicity, not to avoid everyone you lost with at one point.

LFG tool is what you want and will get, but I guarantee it wont change much. You’ll be complaining and disbanding groups all the time with your attitude.

3 Likes

I keep reading this over and over again and im really trying to figure out if this is satirical or not. if it is bravo, people actually agreed with you; if not…yikes!

look dude, if you go avoiding everyone because they picked something YOU didnt like or played in a way YOU didnt like or talked in a way YOU didnt like, then there really is only one denominator. YOU! just focus on yourself, improve yourself. theres no reason why you should want to avoid more than 10 people. honestly the idea of avoiding over 50 is just ridiculous. enjoy having 30+ min queue times.

youre a low gold player, basically everyone in your SR range is throwing subconsciously. no coordination, no knowledge of the game, no synergy, no comms, and low mechanical ability. so i feel your pain as i was once in your position but just focus on improving your mentality and youll climb.

1 Like

infinite avoids is the solution

I’ve been saying since before they implemented it that only being able to avoid 2 players as teammates, and only avoiding them for a week each, is nowhere near enough.

It’s a drop in the toxic ocean that is Overwatch Competitive.

It needs to be at least 20-25 that you can avoid and the duration needs to be permanent.

You’ll never find a game if you avoid everybody, you know that right?

1 Like

make the list infinite and the time frame for ever as well…

why would I want to ever play with someone who is a poor team mate, no communication, toxic, thrower, troll etc… 7 days is not going to change my mind about them nor is it going to change their attitude.

with a pool of 40million people I doubt that

So what? It’s his decision, since season 1 I’ve met couple of people that I would never want to play again. I know it’s not high chance, but why tempt fate?
If you find someone annoying and playing with him makes you not enjoy the game, why be forced to do it? As long as it’s only avoid teammates it’s fine.

Yes, actually.

You implement the system so that while the list can be extremely long, the system will only honour the first N that it finds an active match for. It’s irritating to only have two slots available knowing that those people might not even be online currently - or that you might remove them to replace them with someone more annoying but currently in the pool, only to find that player comes online again a short time later.

Implementing the list as an unlimited-size list with a maximum honored size would be the best way to implement this.

im not sure about yall, but i play in mid to high plat. never played with the same person unless its the same night. so im not sure how often youre dealing with the same person, but gold and plat is so populated its so rare to get the same person in your game the next night or even within the same week

Dude. 20-50… are you serious? That’s way too much. You are gold, so am I. You can literally avoid someone for 2 matches then replace them because by then they will be out of your rotation and you will most likely not be matched with them

2 Likes

They should make a black list.

Black List (New Feature) You are now allowed to put a little toxic cloud next to player’s names. Only you can see the little cloud. This will remind you who is not nice.

labeling people would make the game even more toxic tbh.

we already live in a society controlled by labels. i think most people want to “escape” those labels when the go to play video games.

the actual fix is just muting people that the player determines to be “toxic” and reporting them for abusive chat. let blizz sort them out and just move on with your day. avoiding people and reporting them should be enough. it just seems like so many people forgot the features existed.