Make a clear statement of support for LGBT posts

We need a clear statement of support saying that asking about LGBT Overwatch content is ok on the forums.

why is this post closed, for what reason please? could you state whether we are allowed to talk about overwatch LGBT related topics or at least send this to someone who could make an official post about this?

2 Likes

it should be ok as long as it’s overwatch related, but a lot of people take it too far and becomes too controversial

3 Likes

Please stop.

I’m a gay man, but this is getting ridiculous.

13 Likes

I agree but we get all these comments on posts telling us to get off the forums and that we arent allowed to post in the general discussion. also good point cause I forgot to includ that Overwatch bit.

2 Likes

as an lgbt id love to see more lgbt content in game and lore and stuff, but these threads always end up horribly toxic and messy and i really wish we could just accept that these threads will never stay civil and like tweet about it instead

2 Likes

I am inclined to agree with you.

blizzard monitors these threads and if we want to make a topic this is where we are supposed ot do it.

If you keep making this, you may get suspended for spam.

2 Likes

And like…maybe some clarification on the Code of Conducts views on homophobia and how to deal with it ?

Because I get the feeling that the mods care more about USING that word, than people being that word

Because no one deals with the toxic aspect. People can come in an spew the most vile things, and instead of getting punished, the thread gets closed

6 Likes

i guess but they always get out of hand, idk reading some of the ridiculous stuff people always say upsets me but i guess i just need to avoid on my own

I thought blatant call outs to blizzard was not allowed?

1 Like

And I’m a gay woman who believes there’s nothing inherently wrong with talking about belief and identity, as they’re two key components of humanity. See, neither of us ‘speak’ for the community as a whole. (I know some people have issues with that, so…)

We all just need to find a middle ground. Until that happens, threads like these will consistently go downhill, I believe. Neither side can really agree with each other…

4 Likes

I think it has to specifically target employees and such

i dont think we will get one.

the reason why is simple. if we did get one that would mean that the LGBT community would be fully more confirmed and supported then it is allready. which would put the anti LGBT community up in arms with things like " rarrrr why are thy being accepted rrrarrrr " type threads or posts and such

people cant and wont accept us this has been proven since the first LGBT person was stoned todeath in anchent times. till today. it has was only resently that the LGBT was able to even start to get a little acceptince and now its all falling in on its self becuse no one wants to accept us anymore again.

this is our fate as a community and group of people. we will be accepted by the ones that accept us but the hate and everything will keep happaning and we will be forced back into the shadows again becuse of the bigots that dont want us in the open,

Why? Just STOP.

No, they wont do it. Sexuality isnt a universally agreed with theme. Culture, nationality, and language ARE, hence their fixation. This is the equivalent of saying “we need [insert political group here] representation” because someone has politics in their identity.

At the end of the day, if ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL identifies you outside of your actions and character, you are immature.

3 Likes

its obvious they want it to stop seeing that they are closing every thread about it, not saying they are anti lgbt, I’m saying they don’t want there to be an emphasis on peoples orientation.

2 Likes

literally seen people be like " i dont agree with homosexuality as a concept and think its bad" and watched the people that called them out get flagged and yelled it. its always so messy :pensive:

I think so long as the thread stays on topic and remains civil you can have a discussion about it. The chances of that happening are slim to none.

1 Like

they have only been closing threads due to toxicity not due to the topics.

What is with the trend of topics about Lousy Grumpy Banana Tramplers lately?

3 Likes