Make a builder support!

Yes, but u have stay in its area, so this “No one has time to stop moving” argument ain’t valid then.

Then OP would just made the title read:

NEED A DISPENSER HERE

Was talking about healing, if every time I get injured I had to stop moving or run in cricle to get healed by the healing turret which make me easy target to enemy fire.
At least Field can protect you.

Soldier got heal where you have stay in range (Lucio wut wut?), seems to work. Why same mechanics wouldn’t work with similar system, well i don’t know, lets say with builder support?

So a hero with healing turrets or a totem, I like it.

1 Like

FYI they tried making sym build healing turret but it felt awkward according to them
Source

Another problem that it doesn’t give teammate flexibility to position themselves.

Soldier only uses it to heal a person once, a support is busy healing the entire game

Lucio is much more mobile and therefore doesnt have to hide behind walls as much as a unmobile turret would
You had to hide it somewhere behind a wall where enemies cant shoot it down while still keeping LoS to your team and since you have to reposition yourself quite a lot in this game, it makes designing such a hero really hard

I could imagine having a support that throws healing fields around. Read a Mercy concept once where someone suggested that she can stick her staff into the ground
Having a hero throwing spears might be cool but than again, it might be to compliacte for blizzards taste and also one might say that its not a builder *shrug

You are so determined to hate the idea, that you don’t even want to think any possibility’s. For example, you could leave it to snipers (Hanzo, Widow), you could leave it to bastion or even for Orissa who is behind to shield staying in same place most of the cases.

Not saying its easy, but i am saying it ain’t impossible.

please no, i left fortnite for a reason.

BF 1 had marksemen riffles. But, the game dosent have sniper riffles. Glaz in rainbow six siege used to be a bad sniper. Nowadays he better.

It sure aint impossible

but (and Im sorry for saying this now) did you ever play a support at GM? Especially against a decent Widow?
Its extremly hard to make sure to stay out of her LoS when youre a high priority target like Mercy or something immobile like Ana and still keep LoS to your team
Now imagine making sure that the turret sees everyone of your own team and still breaks LoS to every other player in the enemy team
I simply doubt that something like that will be actually viable as a main source of healing

As I said, I would love having a hero that places a spear somehwere and has abilities working around those spears, that would offer a lot of diffrent playstyles and also would be quite challenging but a “builder” like Torb/Sym…

1 Like

Soldier got heal where you have stay in range (Lucio wut wut?), seems to work. Why same mechanics wouldn’t work with similar system, well i don’t know, lets say with builder support?

Both of the builders we already have were at one point, and by huge margins, the most hated characters in the game.

Torb, Summetra kinda were before got nerfed… I mean “reworked”.

I almost agree 100%. No build concept should ever be off-limits. One-shots with normal abilities or weapons, however, should - the game has ultimates for that.

2 Likes

I remember talking with my brother all the time about what the next character needed to be when everyone was complaining that Dva was always gonna be viable. I suggested that a builder support that couldn’t heal but could create defense matrix areas would make for a good alternative, and then a couple months later we got Baptiste. I might be biased because of that but the way Baptiste plays does feel very “builder” to me without all the trouble of “building up utility” that Sym and Torb had.

i personally like it the way it is right now. me, i prefer to pick support or dps…zen is a very good heroe to combine these two.

I really feel like that builder support / what symmetra could’ve been is going to be Echo which is why I’m so excited for her release to come

I agree. I would love healing to be secondary to the next support like brig and utility to be the primary function.