Make a bot walk towards a direction without getting stuck

I’ve tried to make a bot walk towards a player but if you break line of sight with the both and ends up stuck behind a wall the bot continues to walk towards the wall
I want the bot to find a path to reach the player (destination) without getting stuck on anything (like the AI that you can add to your custom games does)
Is it possible?

Have a look here:
PATCH NOTES — legendary custom Bots V11 - Workshop Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

and here:
[Resource] Graph-based Pathfinding Algorithm for Dummy Bots - Workshop Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

and here:
Dummy bot pathfinding · Zezombye/overpy Wiki · GitHub

and lastly:
Pathfinding · ItsDeltin/Overwatch-Script-To-Workshop Wiki · GitHub

The last two option requires the support of a thirdparty application like VSCode, due these options are integrated with a layer of high level language that compiles and decompiles with the workshop GUI.

4 Likes

Thank you!
It seems (for what I’ve read in the third post) that there is not an easy way to make it work without a high workshop knowledge

Much appreciated anyways ^-^

1 Like

No problem, the point on high workshop knowledge is meant when you wanna add specific AI behaviour along side pathfinding, that may require a bit of an extra layer of consideration and depends hardly on how your mode should work in the end or what the Bots should do at certain hook ups or timing events, like when and where to strave to let the Bots dodge some attacks or making their movements more advanced and less predictable. When it comes to such cases then extra knowledge on how to use the workshop may become significant and important, but all in all all options so far give a solid guidance on how to set up a path for your AI’s and are applicatable by anyone even beginners. Just give it a try and on issues some may help you with it to achieve your desired results.^^

3 Likes