Make 8 Player FFA Chaeau Deathmatch Permanent

FFA is great for warming up and getting your reflexes sharpened.

Also when a new hero is released, FFA is by far the best place to try their damage potential out.
No limits is always a horrible mess of 6 of the same characters on both sides, and quick play is basically all about ”if i cant instalock new character i’ll Just leave the game”.

Mystery FFA is pretty much horrible for the most part, so I wouldn’t mind seeing less of that.

But yeah, a permanent slot for FFA would be awesome

2 Likes

Just delete mystery FFA already, it’s trash.

4 Likes

Well so I’m lucky, I always find paintball game with 8 to 12 people in custom game (when I want to play hitscan DPS or Ana in comp, I do this). Also, my BF always warm up in FFA (with restrictions like no Brig, no Moira, no tanks and he always find some games…
We’re on EU, that change something maybe?

Nope, I am on EU too and I can NEVER find serious lobbies to play on. See, I don’t want paintball; I’m looking for a standard Deathmatch.

1 Like

My BF is going on standard Deathmatch and find these, so I don’t know what to say

Well all I can say is ‘good for him’, but I’d far rather have the mode given a permanent arcade spot rather than having to try one’s luck in the wild west of customs. The only mode they’d be removing from circulation would be FFA randoms which on the whole, seems like a small loss.

I pretty like FFA randoms, I don’t really like classic FFA because you always encounter the same heroes (McCree and Genjis everywhere)
With FFA random at least, you need to try to be good with the hero you have

It’s a nice novelty mode, but it doesn’t scratch my itch at all. It’s like if your gym offered Zumba classes and then one week out of every month they abruptly offered life painting in the same time slot, meaning Zumba wasn’t available at all. Sure, there’s people who’d like that but they’re not the regular gym goers and by rotating Zumba and life painting they just wind up aggravating the regulars.

1 Like

True
But honestly, if FFA became a permanent mode, everyone will ask for their favorite to be permanent (Total Mayhem for some, CTF for people like me, Elim, 4v4 etc)
It’s fresh to be able to play different game modes every week

I don’t think CTF also getting a permanent slot would be a bad thing at all; nor 4v4 Deathmatch. These other modes largely attract niche audiences and are better in small doses anyhow.

At this stage in the game’s life it’d be nice to have some kind of consistency; to know for sure that if I fire up the arcade there’s going to be something I know I’ll like. This last week there quite literally was not.

1 Like

I always find chateau ffa servers, we are a small community, often seeing the same faces.

The fact that there is no SR/MMR in private games also means I can face top500 players (who often come on ffa since it is the best warm-up) which I like.
Love these modes and servers, could spend the whole afternoon “warming up” and chilling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Total Mayhem is the more popular game modes with Mystery Heroes.
So if we’re looking for modes attracting large audience, Mayhem would be on the top of the list (I don’t like this but that’s facts)

Is it? I haven’t really seen the data to support that.

Mystery Heroes n°1
Total Mayhem n°2
FFA DM n°3

That’s an opinion poll on the forums. Most users will never see it; hardly a representative sample.

2 Likes

Still seems pretty accurate.
It’s because of that poll that we have Mystery Heroes permanent on Arcade. I’ve seen many people on Reddit and Twitter said they love Total Mayhem

It’s not anything like as good as data collected by the Devs. They could press a button and know the player count for these various modes in a heartbeat. A poll just isn’t as good, even if it does seemingly confirm your personal experience. Arguably all that poll reflects is that people who use this forum (or indeed Reddit / Twitter) are more likely to be from the casual end of the FPS player spectrum.

1 Like

I in general don’t understand why ther is a 5 mode limit for arcade. Ther’s so much space, just add more to it, or change the design to have all modes in it. It’s annoying to go to the cusotm agmes to look for a free spot on ffa chateau AND have all heroes pickable. 90% of them remove all the fun heroes cuz cancer.

1 Like

All Deathmatch modes besides mystery should be permanent.

In custom games you will just join games full of tryhard diamond+ players when you just want to chill.

Chateau gets old. What we need is a regular FFA but with chateau every other map.