Make 2-2-2 a thing from Gold upwards as

You totally wrong. Middle and low elo are the ones who needs it. After Master you don’t neeed it. You might lost a game a week due to the lack of a good composition. Ppl after middle Master play for win. And you barely see a one trick and if they one trick they are pretty good.

Forcing low elo to be flexible would be great.

That’s Bronze, and exactly why lower tiers especially need role lock. I’m in plat, where most people will typically try to form a 2-2-2 (even long before the forums started asking for role lock), but when I was lower tier it was a nuisance playing games where 3+ players wanted to play DPS and would never switch.

You’ll enjoy role lock, you just need to develop your skills with heroes you’re good with.

This game do very poor job with explaining things and teaching new players what they should pick so making game 2 2 2 will make it more easy for them. Sure it doesnt mean every 2 2 2 comp is good , but still better than 3+ dps comps.

1 Like

Myself included. And I would like to dive further and not “locking on” but just “showing” further splits, like “main” and “off” stuff. Like, a switchable character select screen or maybe a comp tutorial. I think I’ve said that someplace else.

I’ve heard enough arguments on uselessness of both “dps overall” and “more than 2 dps”, so I’ll better be smart and agree.

Also, “overall”. Got it, thanks.

Its not like I think 3 dps is comp is bad, I just dont like playing it, and even more hate to play against more than 2 dps.

Okay, I suck at analyzing it on my own, but I get where the hate comes from.

I agree, role lock in bronze and silver is very trickt since it is impossible to carry on main tanks or supports. On the other hand 2-2-2 is a funny thing, since in 2-2-2 you directly compete with enemy on the same role, so if you are better you will win.

Also what does bronze mean in that case, do you have one SR rank until gold and then you split into 3? What if you are gold dps but bronze tank, how would that work?

Lmao. You’re dreaming. Just because you have rein and mercy does not guarantee you a shield or support.

Ah here is the real reason. Its not about balance or fairness. Its about preference.

1 Like

I tried one-tricking Rein in bronze (700 SR). No climb. One-tricking Mei, now I’m almost gold.

I also stopped using a 40" 4k monitor, and replaced it with a 27" 144hz 1080 monitor, and I think this was significant. But I had gotten almost to silver one-tricking Mei in a single season (700 SR -> 1340 SR) with the oversized monitor.

I think one-tricking a self-healing hero is the right way to get out of bronze. Whichever one works best for you (Mei, Soldier, Hog, etc). The key is that you need to be able to play even if the healer never heals you, and the tank never makes space for you. That’s how to get out of Bronze.

3 Likes

Yes and if you have bad DPS players, it doesnt mean they will kill something. What is your point exactly? If Rein will not provide shield or mercy heal they will simply drop down to elo where they belong. If someone will be throwing, it will be more easy for developers to catch and punish them. Because you would not be able to derank as support and stay unnoticed and play dps after you derank in new system.

Its actualy both, balance and preference. I can be ok with 3 or 4 dps comp, but it doesnt mean its best comp. I dont like it usualy because I just feel like this game wasnt design to have different comps than 2 2 2 . But developers kind of thought people will go to that by themselfs. They didnt, so they are forcing it now.

This is, as it’s best, useful.
From Season 2 to this current one I’ve seen low tier Reins stand on the choke point with the shield up, not walking forward or saying to their team “when my shield is up, go to the left or right”. They just stand there until the enemy team breaks it.
Then hide, wait until it’s full again and repeat.
And that happens with the easiest tank to start with.
And this goes from Bronze to low Gold.

About the derankers. Most of them already have an account on Bronze, so they just need to place playing bad, without looking like they are throwing.

Dude… I saw the game that you uploaded.
When you were Reinhardt, you did exactly what I just said above. And you never used Fire Strike.
It’s not that it’s impossible to leave Bronze as a tank. Is that you need to start from the very basics.
Do not stand still in front of a Bastion with you shield up and wait until it’s broken to move.

1 Like

this seconded. best way to climb until plat is roadhog in my opinion.

I can climb through the ranks with anyone up till at least plat, but roadhog let’s you be a tank and unkillable unless you screw up vs ana. they just don’t have the aim and focus fire

1 Like

Dude i would not honestlly suggest to play Rein in bronze. Let others play him and go zarya to help him,thats the way. Playing rein below plat is just hell because your team mates will let you die and not go in with you, like never.

I am not saying you cant climb as him. Thats not the point, my point is that it will be extremely painfull experience :smiley:

1 Like

I’m pretty certain I would be able to hard-carry myself out of bronze by one-tricking any of the tanks and I’m not even a tank player.

Hint: Pick HoG. Winston should also be auto-climb as well if you just walk up to the enemies and bzz them before jumping away to saftey, grab a health pack, go back and bzz some more and repeat the process again and again.

Of course you would hard carry, you are not me, so, what is the deal? To ship on me? Why?

1 Like

No, but you implied that tank as a role somehow would make it harder to climb out of bronze which isn’t really the case. A silver tank would end up in silver pretty fast, a gold in gold and so on.

Your SR is tracked by role now, making this suggestion impossible. How can you be a gold tank if you climbed there as dps?

The lower the rank the more it is needed.