Main vs Off Tank Separate Role Q

that’s a relief to hear.

Its as sci knight puts it " skill is the best shield".

1-2-2-1 Tank/DPS/Support/Flex - TRY!!! Flex times would probably be the longest time waiting, but they have option of all heroes. would thin out the rest of the cue times though.

Or Flex could be Hybrid… whatever you guys as devs consider a hybrid role.

Better idea: make a version of each tank that would fit the main tank queue, then make a version of each tank that would fit the off tank queue, then replace the live versions with either all main tanks or all off tanks.

Just to clarify for anyone in this thread:
Main: Orisa, Rein, Winston
Off: Zarya, D.va, Hog
Hybrid: Ball, Sigma

Reinahrdt Queue???

Mild peeve but it’s hero 31. EDIT: THIS IS FALSE, IT’S HERO 32, MY BAD

Honestly based off the last 3 years, either we get a hero THIS month or we get it in August. It’s confirmed we will get at LEAST one hero before OW 2

2 might be pushing it but I say most likely it wont be until july/august

Ever consider letting Mei build individual pillars on rapid cooldown (like brigs repair pack)
Instead of 4 in a row.

Ice wall doesn’t really counter dive anyway it’s the slow that counters dive… But I don’t know if Mei should be the most optimal dps with an against both brawl and bunker…

At the same time individual pillars could let her do some really cool things for her team…

Like stacking them to boost a McCree dead eye high up into the sky…boosting team mates into windows 1 by 1 … and it would just provider her with alot of mobility to give to hero’s that don’t have it…

She would loose the ability to separate people entirely from their team tho… Unless Mei is given enough time to build enough individual pillars to block someone…

Isolating a tank that walks through a choke and entirely disabling them isn’t healthy…

Moving your team around with individual pillars could be… And it would be the healthiest form of building ow has experienced thus far…

You’re ready going to bother him with that?

You’re all doing a GREAT job of it by Nerfing the living soul out of the Bottleneck role! - It sure makes me want to queue tank when it just gets nerfed repeatedly

Queue times are no excuse for bias balancing. Tanks should be tweaked with the same eye as every other role.

And Sigma/Orisa aren’t the only tanks that exist. Having them be so dominant limits your tanking choices, which detracts players from wanting to play tank to begin with. People wanna play ball/D.va/Winston/Hog/Zarya, I promise you. They just don’t wanna be stuck in shield tank jail.

1 Like

Yep!

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying to everyone who says this for ages - the more hoops the matchmaker has to jump through the more time the matchmaker takes, imagine the wait time on the main tank role lmao >.>

That being said, if you wanna reduce queue times within the role queue environment, you’re going to have to get hands on, because the job roles are underfilled and the dps role is overfilled, this involves limiting player choice AGAIN by forcing roles with overflow to pick a second role, but if they want queue times to drop and queues to fill require HUMAN resources - it’s not something you can code out - the obvious solution is to use the problem to fix the problem - not keeping my hopes up for an answer - but if so I would LOVE to hear where you are at with these kinds of things

Reazen have you played recently zaddy they nerfed the living hell out of Orisa and Sigma, it’s Rein D.va meta with some Zarya and Ball sprinkled in rn baby xD

Yeah, I was sort of speaking in hindsight. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t nerf Origma.

I can play Winston again it’s NICE.

1 Like

So when we queueing :eyes: I wanna GA off you and stay in the air all day long baby

Let’s not derail the thread lol

just pm me on discord yo

1 Like

Yet you’ve made HUGE nerfs on barriers, and they are still required.

Really feels like you guys have zero idea what you are doing.

I think your recent changes have made it quite a bit better, but it’s taken so long that the sigma is still there.

They could do something similar without adding another queue bucket if they took a page from the HotS role rework. Ie, they do 1/3/2 (Tank, Offense/Support, Healer) where Offense are the more “pure” damage heroes and Support are the control/utility/defense damage heroes.

Heroes would be divided like so:

• Tank: Orisa, Rein, Sigma, Winston, Hammond, (Reworked) Hog
  • Offense: Ashe, Bastion, Doom, Genji, Hanzo, Junk, McCree, Pharah, Reaper, Soldier, Torb, Tracer, Widow
  • Support: D.va, Mei, Sombra, Sym, Zarya
  • Healer: Ana, Bappy, Brig, Lucio, Mercy, Moira, Zen

So the “3” queue would be any three from Offense or Support. They could also set a rule to limit Support picks to only 1 hero per team, preventing triple off-tank/CC comps. Also, then they wouldn’t have to rework the off-tanks into Damage heroes and ruin their play styles. (But, I still think some tweaks upon moving them to Support would be good.)

I left Hog in Tank because I think it would be better to for the game to rework him into a proper Tank. Though, putting him in Support has the advantage of minimizing any changes to him. Similarly, Torb could be reworked into a Support, but I kinda like him in Offense.

Regardless of whether Supports are limited to 1, I think this sort of breakdown would improve player perceptions, imply a more balanced roster, and be a decent compromise between 2-2-2 and 1-3-2.

I thought it would be nice to have MT/OT ques, but then immediately realized it would F up the que times even more. And next people would want Main heals / Off heals que (which wouldnt matter on que times too much I assume) and hitscan / flex dps. But meh.

Why i like them to add, its reset sr or reduce sr by 500 or 1000 to offroles. I flex - play tank / support. But when i play dps and wait 15 or 20 min, i dont want to be team up with someone who barely plays a role and are in that SR because of his / her main role.

recent event showed when alot of people flow back to the game the queue times reduced significantly , getting players back to the game should be a priority , too many quit playing because of how to put it, weird balancing i guess, making heroes clunkier, like DM added second to use it making it useless in most cases, like that doomfists added hover, added second to sigmas barrier etc.
Make more interesting stuff for pvp, more maps, heroes, game modes…