[Main Thread][Nintendo Switch] FPS drops ever since the [Patch 1.58] Pachimari Event

Ever since the pachimari event update, the game has been getting insane frame drops, both on handheld and docked, although handheld has it the worst. my frames drop to like 20 fps when i’m in the spawn waiting for the match to start, and when i’m in a big teamfight the frames drop to like 10, making the game borderline unplayable. certain characters and abilities have even worse frame drops (mei, moira, symmetra and a few others especially) making those character unplayable for me. this has been going on for far over a month now, i don’t have fun playing this game anymore because it’s just a stuttery mess. i’ve already tried deleting and reinstalling the game multiple times, but nothing works. please blizzard, fix this

6 Likes

Yeah. Apparently Blizzard told one Switch player that they can’t do anything about the issue so they said to ask Nintendo Support. Nintendo Support told that same person that they can’t fix it because they didn’t publish the game. I tried getting in contact with Iron Galaxy, but I haven’t heard back from them. Maybe you could have better luck with them.

2 Likes

I already contacted Nintendo’s customer support and I got the exact same answer mate. There’s nothing they can do about it as we already knew.

I don’t think Iron Galaxy can do anything about it either. This is 100% on Blizzard.

2 Likes

The only reason why I think Iron Galaxy could do anything about it is because they are the ones that created the Switch port. They should know how it works better than the publisher and might know what’s wrong. Course they also claimed it ran at a solid 30 fps, which if I understood that right, means it should always play at 30 and never dip.

2 Likes

I was fine with some minor dips here and there but right now the game almost freezes when both teams are fighting close.

2 Likes

I’ve started to notice the dips more and more, mostly during the PvE modes weirdly enough, but I haven’t experienced it to the severity that you have. Btw, I sent them a ticket explaining everything that we have done and who we contacted. It said someone should be able to contact me within 24 hours.

1 Like

Thank you. Let’s see what they have to say.

I’ll try to make some noise to get some attention.

2 Likes

Just in case you haven’t seen my edited reply on your discussion:
They responded to my ticket. They said to make it easier for the Community Managers to pass the issue onto developers we need to gather everyone that has been having the same issue into one thread. This is to make sure they can keep tabs on if the issue has been fixed yet by a new patch or not. Based on what it says, it sounds like they might start fixing our problem. It might not be much, but it’s better than getting no response. I actually feel like I’ve been heard and something is being done about the problem.

3 Likes

Uhm… How do we gather the whole Switch community into one thread? :sweat_smile:

But yeah, it’s more than we’ve ever got so let’s keep it up.

1 Like

Maybe if we make a post with a similar title as the one I made “Calling All Switch Players”. We could use this one to tell them what we know and if they post in that thread it will make it easier for Blizzard to know if they have solved the problem yet.

1 Like

Seems good enough. I’ll leave to you then.

Which section should it be though? General Discussion is too crowded and the topic would sink in no time.

1 Like

I think I’ll post it in Technical Support since the issue falls under that. Plus that is what I sent my ticket under.

Edit: Nevermind. Turns out that is technically making a duplicate post. We’re trying to get everyone to see your post with all the topics and reddit posts in it since they said it has the most views and it would be better.

1 Like

It’s been more than a month.

Blizzard, at this point we are begging for some attention.

You guys told us to contact Nintendo. We did. Nintendo told us to contact you. So here we are again.

We’ve been literally flooding the Bug Reporter with Switch topics, but none of them have been answered. We don’t even know if you guys have acknowledged the issue.

This framerate drops are simply not acceptable, especially when the game worked great before the rebase. Docked runs better but the problem is still noticeable. Handheld on the other hand… is simply a mess.

A single Mei wall or a barrier can ruin the framerate. That’s not normal and wasn’t like that before Pachimari. Something went wrong with that rebase on the Switch.

Maybe you need to check the assets or something. Some users have noticed some abilities look more detailed than ever and that might be compromising performance. Whatever it is, it’s out of control.

To give you some background (these are only a few of them, there are tons):

Reddit users are also aware of the issue

If all those threads are not enough for you guys to realize there is a problem I don’t know what else we should do.

1 Like

I am 100% for this. Our version of Overwatch deserves just as much love as the others.

Edit: They responded to my ticket. They said to make it easier for the Community Managers to pass the issue onto developers we need to gather everyone that has been having the same issue into one thread. Based on what it says, it sounds like they might start fixing our problem.

Edit #2: They told me I couldn’t make a duplicate post and it would be best to use this thread instead.

1 Like

please blizzard, so many of us posted about these issues for over a month and we really want a fix

2 Likes

This is a post to let you know we need to start posting under this topic. I got into contact with Blizz support and they said it makes their job easier if they can see everyone’s posts and issues related to the fps drops if they are in the same topic. If you have had these issues please post here. Thank you for reading this.

1 Like

I’m just chiming in to share that I’m also having these same issues and have been since the Pachimari event.

I have 1900 hours on switch edition (starting the day it launched in October 2019) and never had any fps issues until the beginning of March 2021. Since then, the game has become unplayable.

I play in docked mode only. My switch is a day one edition switch. I use gyro controls.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. This did not help at all.

I also have contacted Iron Galaxy in hopes that they might be able to look into it since they created the port, but I never heard back from them (it’s been about a week).

2 Likes

Live reaction of Dave Lang seeing your email:

1 Like

That’s probably true. I never heard back from them.

Iron Galaxy is a cool company, but they are pretty small.

1 Like