[Main Thread] Rendering Device Lost - Older GPUs

I’m playing with geforce 710M at low settings 60 fps. This minimum specs is a joke. The fact is, devs didn’t have optimized OW2. Many people have this issue. Happened often in closed beta, i’ve reported but i was ignored.

5 Likes

Minimum spec doesn’t mean “You cannot make this work.” Instead, it means the developers aren’t going to make adjustments geared toward hardware below those requirements. It also means that any future update may cause the game to stop working at all if you’re using hardware below what they support.

Is same game, the only difference was reflection maps they had implemented with more details mappings in OW2.

If OW2 engine was reworked/renewed like devs said, my game then wouldn’t even open.

To be honest OW2 run better than GTA V on my PC :joy:

The good thing is, with last update they fixed memory leak problem. I’m only 8GB of ram and game was trying to allocate more than 8GB before, now is allocating only required amount of memory.

This also is a common issue with “Render device was lost” basically d3device instance is overwritten by other stuff in process memory heap. Making ID3DeviceInterface invalid (ak a NULL) i had noticed this since closed beta.

3 Likes

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
Current Driver Version: 473.81
My game crashes randomly. Sometimes its after a game, sometimes when i join queue, in practice range etc. Nothing is overheating, nothing is overclocked, 0 background apps.

4 Likes

Bro i literally have the same i got a gt 730 4gb, i7-6700 and i can run it smoothly on low settings but still this error comes up, i have tried all troubleshoots but didnt work

1 Like

This is internal renderer system issue only devs can fix this.

3 Likes

GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 3GB
Driver version: 473.81

Same as another user here. I have two GTX 780s running both monitors, this happens on either screen. Also occurred on previous year old driver version. After all updates, still issues. Very poor memory management apparently.

GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
Driver: 522.25 tested 517.48 with same issue.

Disabled GPU tweaks with same issue, temps are fine as I locked my GPU clock for stable frame rates and low temps. (250FPS uncapped)
The crash happens after hero select or mid game randomly.

Event id: 0
nvlddmkm
Description mentions corrupted installation yet I have reinstalled using DDU method through safe mode and no networking.

Some googling mentions when the GPU process hangs, some players have noticed frame drop issues so maybe these frame drops are a mild form of render device lost.

will there be any changes to the supported list in the future or anything below that is just disregarded?

gpu: GTX 780 TI 3gb
drivers 473.81
cpu: ryzen 5 1400
16 ram
now I am banned for 8 hours for this dumb crash… fix the game please

2 Likes

This issue has been lingering since OW1 and the only solution I found was buying a new GPU, which now does not work with OW2 lmao. So, dont even bother, DEVS dont read this threads and the support dont care either, they will give you solutions like: ‘try borderless window’ KEKW! Simply put, if the your GPU is not on the list guess who is not playing the game!? Just uninstall, and play VALORANT or APEX LENGEDS, games my ‘OLD’ GPU can run with no issue, and probably yours too! :smiley:

9 Likes

just refound me with my money

GPU: Ryzen 5600g Vega7
Driver version: Adrenaline 22.5.1

Didnt had this error before the 10/18 update ( the update that unlocked kiriko on ranked mode), but had this error three times after the patch, the last one was today.
Its funny to hear that blizzard isnt supporting iGPUs on OW2, because you’ll be losing a lot of new players with that decision. F2P games should support weaks, older and why not, integrated GPUs. Meanwhile those iGPUs can play the game fine and should be supported, mine runs OW2 with 70~90 fps while streaming.

8 Likes

Having the same issue using an R9 390X which is on the supported GPUs list.

Guess we have to wait for the devs to fix this, lol.

1 Like

I have an iGPU, but I set Overwatch to run on my dedicated one. I still get the crash.

APU peeps, try to increase your vram. 4gb for me is enough to not having this problem again. RIP in peace to old gpu peeps tho.

1 Like

I think the issue may be related to fullscreen mode (when alt-tabbing or something)

I have been playing in borderless window mode with my usual settings and no crashes so far (but it may be still just luck).

1 Like

did it end up crashing?

didnt work for me still crashes

i have a 3070Ti and no background apps opened… and still have this error randomly.
but never can rejoin into a ranked match and i get suspended… GG Blizzard…
I HAVE NO SINGLE ISSUE WITH ANY OTHER GAME! FIX IT!
Just try to reaccess the GPU instead of throwing a fatal error and close the game!

EDIT: LOL it just happend while im typing this and OW is just in Menu…

4 Likes