[Main Thread] Overwatch 2 crashes after a couple of minutes

the same, but this ignore on the part of blizzard is very annoying

Every day I’m huffing that copium. Every day I’m getting disappointed lul

Time to make another Windows user yet again huh…

Hey at least that works for you I just crash no matter what I do :frowning:

So after trying literally everything i could with windows, installing linux was what fixed it for me.

1 Like

I made this simple batch + powershell monstrosity to automatically create a new user and open overwatch with the newly created user
this also creates another batch script you can run to delete all the created users.
this requires admin perms ofc.

should work no problem on updated windows 10 and 11
copy the code, change game path and save as filename.bat

@echo off

REM SET THIS RIGHT HERE
set owpath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch\_retail_\Overwatch.exe

for %%i in ("%owpath%") do (
set owdir=%%~di%%~pi
)

rem https://stackoverflow.com/a/52517718
set "params=%*"
cd /d "%~dp0" && ( if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ) && fsutil dirty query %systemdrive% 1>nul 2>nul || (  echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) : UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/k cd ""%~sdp0"" && %~s0 %params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && exit /B )

set uname=overwatch%random%%random%
echo owpath - %owpath%
echo owdir - %owdir%
echo user - %uname%

echo adding user
net user %uname% 123 /ADD >nul
echo net user %uname% /delete >>cleanup.bat
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto error
echo user added

echo starting overwatch with powershell
powershell Start-Process -FilePath '%owpath%' -WorkingDirectory '%owdir%' -Credential (New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential '%uname%', (ConvertTo-SecureString '123' -AsPlainText -Force))
echo done have fun :D
goto end

:error
echo there was an error try trying again

:end
timeout -t 2 >nul
exit
11 Likes

Blizzard, you good? It has been one week+ without a fix.
Do I literally have to create another windows user every single day to be able to play without crashing? This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Works like a charm. Thank you for making this.
It’s very easy to install, but for some, it might be a challenge, hence why I made this quick guide on youtube: Overwatch 2 Fix Crashing After 1-3 Minutes - YouTube

2 Likes

I don’t know if is the same problem but i resolve it changing the wifi connection from 5Ghz to 2 Ghz. Maybe try that.

its funny that the community has a faster way to fix it than the blizzard TF.

6 Likes

These are work arounds / gamers have done this for years
– Its common and the issue appears to be kinda small vs the scale of the player base
– Not defending them at all, its buggy af.

But people applying a command line argument that they allocated for… IS NOT a fix… Its there for situations like this…
– At the end of the day a patch will be needed and at some point a particular version number will see these threads go quiet… But that might not happen as it sounds like its been around since OW1 but more commonly triggered.

1 Like

still no luck for me hope it works for others.

is it still crashing or what’s the problem?

yea still crashes after about 3 mins.

1 Like

Bruh blizzard not caring for the com is the most gaming company thing to do it’s been more than a week and still no fix

that’s interesting have you tried manually making a new user and playing on that?

1 Like

I’ve made an updated version of my script that now copies your overwatch config over and has a more user friendly setup process
it won’t let me post links but this one is significantly bigger and I don’t wanna post a wall of text like that one guy above, just remove the space =)
gist.github. com/duxeyo/bf8ae98965f4260616687c6bc987b893

4 Likes

this game kicked me out to the desktop literally 2 minutes. blizzard please fix this ! i just wanna play this game with a peace full mind.

It isnt connecting unfortunetly. Just stuck at “connecting”…

so what is the aoter user password

still not working for me 3 mins on que and it crash again :frowning: