Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch

Interesting information, thanks for that all.

For those of you who this work around fixes the problem for:

We need some information on your mice. Can you please reply to the thread with the following:

1. Mouse Make/Model
  2. What DPI setting you’re using
  3. What mouse polling rate you’re using
  4. If you turn off the High Precision Mouse Input setting and try lower polling rates/or different settings, does it fix the problem?
  5. If so, what DPI/Polling rate fixes the problem?

All this info should help us reproduce the issue a little easier and see where the point of failure lies

it seems to work so far

It workes and I have had no problems since I did this change for over a week ago when I posted this solution on the forum. (Enabled the setting)
For info: I use a Logitech G502 with no software installed.

Worked for me, no problems since enabling it.

Didnt work for me. Enabled the setting, still the same issue (even more). But im pretty sure the problem accured from my new Razer Blackwidow. I uninstalled Razer Synapse but not difference.

1 Like

It worked for me! I have a HyperX Pulsefire FPS / HXK-DM01 mouse. Thank you so much for this info!!

• Razer Deathadder Elite Overwatch Edition (hmm…)
  • 800 DPI
  • 1000Hz
  • High Precision stuff not turned on, just got my behind up to google the issue today.
  • Dunno what fixes the problem, should be your job to figure out tbh.
2 Likes

G502 proteus spectrum
800 dpi
1000hz polling
high precision off

also ive tried updating my keyboard drivers
deleting the keyboard all together and plugging it back in
also deleted and reinstalled mouse
Deleted logitech gaming software
adjusted power settings for keyboard and usb ports

problem still persist. Ill try turning precision mode on and report back.

1 Like

I’ve turned it on and tried for some hours - no more problems at all.

I Turned the new accuracy option ON and the sticky keys problems seems to have gone away.

It works! Thanks! I’m using a Logitech G302 mouse.

Has this been fixed in the newest patch? It’s impossible for me to play any kind of DPS with it on so. I saw the crouch bug was fixed so i hope this is too but this is pretty much keeping me from playing many of my favorite heroes…

1 Like

I`m sorry to say it - but the bug has not been fixed ( not fore me anyway). It does the exact same thing as before this patch were you suppose to have fixed it. Setting on - the game workes fine — setting off - the game is NOT fine.

2 Likes

I run Logitech as well and I have been having this issue.

I’m not sure if this will help some, but the only fix that I have found is to tap the key that is stuck a few times. It’s almost like it “unlocks” it and then you can continue as normal. It’s incredibly frustrating and I have died quite a few times because of this “stuck key” situation, but at least doing this allows it to be somewhat playable. You just have to be very aware of when it’s happening and do it immediately. I find one or two taps of the key will usually “unlock” the stickiness.

I have a Logitech G910 keyboard (almost brand new) and a Logitech G600 mouse. I do use the GHUB to customize both. This does not happen in any other game than OW. Also, I have run the game on an Alienware Laptop and had the exact same issue (using the laptops keyboard and the G600 mouse).

Have you tried to enable the setting: Enable high mouse input? It workes for me and that was suppose to been fixed in this patch so we dont have to have it on if we dont want to but is not working for me. I must have it on to be able to play the game.

This issue started yesterday for me (12/30) during a comp match. A friend has had this issue for a few weeks and I thought it was just his keyboard acting up. Here is my hardware and settings info. I’ve enabled high precision mouse input to fix the issue.

Corsair K70 keyboard
Corsair Ironclaw fps/moba gaming mouse
dpi 800
mouse polling 250hz / 4 msec

Quick update: I didn’t like the response after changing to high precision mouse so I adjusted my dpi to 3000 and my mouse polling to 1000 hz / 1 msec, and changed my mouse settings in Windows. Everything is working great and the bug seems to have disappeared. Thanks Overwatch team!

Options > Gameplay > High Precision Mouse Input = ON

This fixed it for me!

Played 3 rounds with High Precision Mouse Input enabled and it seems to have fixed my issues. Thanks!