Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

nope no update for me

Miscellaneous Client Crashes/Black Screen Issues
We have gathered reports around crashes happening in a few different scenarios here and there. We will continue to work on fixes for these issues, and hope to deploy them in updates coming as soon as today.

The fix is promised for today!

2 Likes

Sadly that was on the 7th and in theory we already just had our update and no dice. Unless they mean some other one.

nope tried after 80 mb update same freeze issue happens :v:

2 Likes

Very irritating, it would be nice if an admin would reply in this thread to give us a glimpse of hope, I havenā€™t played ow2 for more than 5 minuets without it crashing.

6 Likes

been on the range for 5 minutes, no freezes yet except for the first boot after the update, will update you guys if mine froze again

I did recieve an update and put in the ā€“tank_WorkerThreadCount 2. However my computer wanted to restart, so Iā€™ll have to setcustom frames to 59 tomorrow after work and hope for the best.

well I jinxed it lol, guess the patch didnā€™t fixed this issue
my patience is on thin ice now

if your game version ends with 172 this update was launched before maintenance, so it shouldnā€™t be the one that fixes crashing

1 Like

Hi! ĀæAny notice? I just wake up right now

I have used these settings and my game didnt freeze first match! I will keep playing and see if it freezes, but im extremly happy i could play again, thank you soo much Hishimiro! Iā€™ll update the reply as I go!
Ps: the game also updated for me but i dont know if it is fixed from their update (i doubt)

There was a maintenance but didnā€™t see any update yet, might be unnecessary if the issue is server-side.

1 Like

Command lines arguments in OW2 game parameters inside client.

1 Like

Take a look at this.

1 Like

ok so Iā€™ll update on my situation a little bit here. My pc is an i3 dual core and constantly froze, sometimes even in the menu, despite having a good framerate and no issues otherwise. It was so frustrating.
Luckily I have access to a family memberā€™s pc, which has 6 cores, and I am no longer dealing with freezing. I just wanna be able to play on my own pc, guess Iā€™ll have to upgrade my cpuā€¦ Iā€™m surprised this issue was not addressed in the master post update today.

1 Like

Workā€™s for you?
I gonna try.

1 Like

Yes this is what i did and the game didnt freeze, played a solid 2 matches smoothly

It works for me, give it a try!

1 Like

It makes the game unsmooth but it works yea, for me and a few other people.
I guess it depends on your config, it at least lowers the perfs a bit, should be ok if youā€™re way above the prerequisites.

Yeah im running a i7-10700k and a GTX 1650 Super and have 32gb ram
so I should be okay

1 Like