Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

Overwatch just got an update

Soo just updated the game, went into practice and the game freezed instantly

XD 18 characters required

Oh shootā€¦ Still not our victory yet guys

I tested it now and the exact same thing happened, but the tutorial I managed to complete and at the last second the screen froze.

eh thats a ryzen dxdiag this is a intel crash thread

isnt there a ryzen crash thread somewhere in this forum?

Well given the fact it seems like they just recently potentially added our issue to the list, chances were low this would have fixed it

After update it freezed even faster, at least for me. I donā€™t believe theyā€™ll fix it next month.

maaan i just wanna grind out my battlepass. iā€™m so sad.

Guys, look! Oct. 7 updates

1 Like
  • Weā€™ve gathered reports around crashes happening in a few different scenarios here and there. We will continue to work on fixes for these issues, and hope to deploy them in coming updates.

Does this meanā€¦ t-they noticed?

I reaaaally hope so!

I hope so as well, Weā€™ll see

Nice, its something. Based on the wording it seems like they may know the cause of the issue but are not sure. Hereā€™s hoping

2 Likes

Yeah, I just hope it works and we wonā€™t have to make Game freezing forum post v2

Ok, ive been using this postā€™s guide for one and a half hours. First 15 minutes on the training range putting as much tension as possible on the gpu, and one hour playing against ai. Everything working perfectly so far.After the recent update some people reported that the freeze happened even faster, so i decided to go 15 more minutes in the range putting tension. Everytrhing working great. Canā€™t say its definitive since it has being only one and a half hours but it worked way, WAY batter than everything else on the entire thread for me, and the only thing i didnā€™t try was turning off hyperthreading.

Basic specs:

I3-7100
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM
Windows 10

Damn, my game crashes every 3 minutes or so, what did you do?

i followed the post made by HISHIMIRO which i replied on my post

Hi, so to contribute to the thread, pls let me know if worked for someone else:
My game was freezing since day 1. I waited hours in line and then played like 3 min or stayed on menu 3 minutes or less and got a freezing screen, with audio on the game and game not responsive even on alt + tab. I have an Intel i3 KabyLake 4650, 24gb ram, 3.50Ghz and Gigabyte H110 M.2 motherboard and an TX 1050 ti 4gb. The only thing that solved the problem was resetting the windows and reinstalling it. Iā€™m now playing for over 4 hours without any issues. I did it on the built in resetting windows option. I donā€™t know if makes any difference from doing it from an bootable pen drive. But hereā€™s my 5 cents of contribution.

1 Like

I have i3-6100 and my game freeze at 2 or 3 minutes in to the gameā€¦PLZZ HELP !!!