Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

Is dynamic range just dynamic render scale, if it isn’t, where do u find it cuz idk if I have it on or off

Can you copy and paste their reply

sorry the reply is in German bro

This does not work for me. I’m testing the –-tank_WorkerThreadCount 4 -tank_WorkerThreadCount 4 code now to see if this one works or not.

I still do not understand…
If all hardware mentioned as REQUIREMENTS had been really tested there would be no problem today.

I don’t think they even tested.

5 days have passed and 0 solution to the problem.
Compensation for these players: 0

9 Likes

Wasting time reinstalling Windows, getting rid of third party programs or even further degrading the performance of OW through methods I don’t even fully understand is not what I have in mind when someone posts how they came up with a potential workaround. If the game cannot be fixed in a reasonable time I will be asking for a refund really soon, as should everyone else.

3 Likes

i tried it out and it didnt work for me

I’m using this command line and it works for me. I still get fps drops during fights, though, but it doesn’t freeze anymore.

--tank_WorkerThreadCount 2

My specs:
i5-4200M 2.50GHz (2 cores 4 threads)
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

load the game/ hit the esc key to come to top menu / in video/ under aspect ratio.

for me after each time the game crashes it switches this option on.
that could just be a me problem so check after each crash

yes but in some ways there been things running I have been ignoring for a long time and things i doent use as seeing as its a older system givening it a diet treatment. e.g that app bs

feels good also i notice my startup is faster.

1 Like

Same problem with i3 3220. RIP, waiting for a fix :frowning:

1 Like

The Settings don’t save until you exit the game properly. So change your settings, then exit, then log back in.

So far the –-tank_WorkerThreadCount 4 -tank_WorkerThreadCount has been working for me but a lot of lag spikes occur. I’m going to try changing the 4 to a 2 and see if that helps

1 Like

Dont bother, I reinstalled windows and it didnt help. To answer your question, you dont need to delete anything as it will create a windows.old folder.

1 Like

My tickets still more than 48 hours without a reply, they don’t know how to fix there game so they ignoring us, man i am so frustrated that i waste 5 days trying to FIX this game, all i need is just to have fun and enjoy my time why they not take it seriously and chat with us so we all can figure out how to deal with this issues, i DON’T GET IT, a company with billions of dollars can’t hire a good developers and plenty of staff that can chat with players, my game keep crashing over and over and over i have high end pc and they keep saying it’s a hardware issue, how it’s hardware issue and i have played almost 38 games without a single error or crash why not saying ur game is having issues, I don’t want to be mean but this is the reality we came to ur game and ur community because we touch something that we like about it please don’t lose us.

7 Likes

Overwatch 2 crashes every time I try to play, even in the practice range, longest I’ve been able to play is about 10 minutes, I have all settings on low, latest driver and tried to scan and repair it. Overwatch 1 ran good for me.

Heres my specs:
Intel Core i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90Ghz
8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the problem we have. Game freeze frames. There’s a command a bit higher on the thread that works for people that stops crashes but does lower preformance. Maybe that’ll work for you. It’s a bandaid fix but least you can play till real fix happens

1 Like

try this command --tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2

1 Like

When will this problem be fix?? I relly want to play the game but it keeps freezing and i need to restart the laptop every match.

control windows d to make new desktop, control windows left or right arrow to swap to it, then if needed control alt delete and open task manager from there. Should force it open in the new desktop you made so you can close overwatch from there

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 @3.5 GHz 2 Cores 4 threads
RAM: 12GB (8+4) DDR-3 1600MHz
MoBo: DELL 02YRK5 - Inspiron 3647
BIOS Ver. A03 (Latest)
Chipset: Intel H81 PCH
Graphics: NVidia GT-1030 2GB GDDR-5 (Main) + Intel Graphics 4400 (Used for QSV capture encoding)
Storage: 500GB SSD + 1TB HDD (OS and Game installed in SSD)
DxDiag: Pastebin link

Disabling hyperthreading looks me nonsense, reduce all system performance (including resources to run the game) just to mitigate an bug is out of question.