Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

https://pastebin.com/dRQ19G78 (DxDiag)

That’s a remnant from Overwatch 1, they need to update that. Notice it’s not on the minimum for Overwatch 2 base page. Good catch.

Video
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 600 series, AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 series

The others fall way below those and there’s no shot they are intended to be there. Just a mistake/outdated.

i hope an update come out and fix it

try asking to a tech support

The GPU would not meet the minimum requirements.

Hey all,

They are working on a fix.

5 Likes

good news , hope they fix it

thanks

Your GPU does not meet the system requirements for Overwatch 2. The update from the staff may not have any effect on your ability to play.

Pentium CPUs are not supported. While some models will work for the game, any future update may render the game unplayable since it isn’t developed with those models in mind.

yeah at the top of the page
“This page details the video cards that are supported for use with Overwatch® 2. Due to potential programming changes, this list may change over time”

but the article is dated 3 days ago.
i hope they split the mobile gpu to the desktop nvidia and amd equivalent.

none of these have stoped me playing about 7hrs on the igpu on a uhd630 using the same setting that intel gave for a hd4000 to improve performance on the offical game maximiser. i think iam game pass level 7 or 8 thats with 30 match -75% penalty

lastly
I added a 3rd dxdiag by edit on my 1post winston crashes training room thread in the technical for a i5 6series mobile 6272U processor 8gb (NOTE this is not the igpu system I mentioned a minute ago.

it is repeatable prior to the update with and with razer synapse on and off. and tested again with the new update. 3 reports same hero on same outfit same settings roughly.

I dont see our issue on the list. The closest is the Back Screen thing which yes happens when we Alt Tab but main concern is whole game freezing and sound looping after 5 minutes mid gameplay

2 Likes

This GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for the game, so the fix in motion for this thread is unlikely to resolve the issue for you.

Yeah but integrated cards no longer meet the requirements, I’m positive on this as it was widely discussed during the beta. It’s an error to still be listed on that page, and I have already reported it to the staff.

Is there anyway you guys can bring back OW1 for the mean time?

Your system is not reporting a standalone GPU, only an iGPU in the CPU. This does not meet the system requirements for the game.

thats true. I dont see the main problem of this post on the list

1 Like

That card falls below the minimum requirements, so you can expect continued issues while trying to play.

Integrated GPUs no longer meet the requirements for the game.

1 Like

CPU i5-7200U
GPU Nvidia 940MX
game still crashes after 1 or 2 QM

yeah dont get to focused on that i usung it cos it works for me. till they fix the other issue on these

the i5 6272U 6 series mobile 8gb is the one with the 3 crash reports repeatable. and why i am here on this thread. a 2 core 4 thread…

have the best day u can its crazy on this board. now its time for me to sleep.