[Main Thread] Console LC-208

Same dude. I have friends playing who haven’t touched the game in years. I was still playing regularly until a few days ago, now I can’t even see the menu… Just because I did what they told us to do apparently

1 Like

Same thing here! Ps player cant get in I literally tried for over 13 hours over the two days the game has been out. All my friends have played but I just cant.

1 Like

This is the part im worried about! if this lasts long enough console players wont have a chance to go through

2 Likes

Right. Lets hope its fixed no later than next week so we atleast have time to get through it

1 Like

I hope they fix it soon, I am unable to do the challenges with my main account always getting this errors :((

1 Like

Does this mean that you can unlink “Playstation Account A” and just link that same “Playstation Account A” again?

When I press “Disconnect” i am getting the 365-day timeout warning. I did not continue.

I am asking because I havent been in the game since launch. And I know my PS4 and PC accounts are linked. I wish there was a button “unlink PC”.

2 Likes

Yes you can and you don’t have cool down. Only if your u link different account.
I’ve try unlinking account it didn’t work to me. No matter what I’m keep getting LC-208 on PC and PS5.

3 Likes

This was the wost gamble in my life. Even my marriage wasn’t such a gamble.

1. I used my phone to go to playstation website and login to the same account as I have on my Playstation (important to check first!)
  2. With the LC-208 error on screen I used my phone to disconnect my Playstation Account. I pressed the button on the popup where it claims a new account will give you a 365-day timeout.
  3. It did not completely disconnect, I had to press disconnect again.
  4. I refreshed the page on Battle.net
  5. I pressed “Connect” on the Playstation section
  6. It connected my account (with new avatar, not just the PS2 logo)
  7. Now I got the BC-153 error; waiting in queue (799 ahead) again after I restarted my PS4 and reset the internet settings (just went through the setup wizzard again)
  8. The BC-153 error happened with only 199 people ahead of me; that seemed to be a mistake, since it disconnected me within a minute. So, waiting in queue as we speak.

I will update this post as soon as it looks like I get in. Or not.

UPDATE Yep, back to the LC-208 error. Luckily I was “only” just one hour in queue with 799 people ahead of me. After the error: 1999 ahead of me. Not worth waiting three hours again.

4 Likes

a better way is that you just press play and it works like most games

1 Like

Having the same issue. Can we get a blue response on this? This is impacting a lot of people, a simple update on when we can expect to play again would be great.

3 Likes

Same problem. Havnt been able to get in the game once after hours of attempting and doing every troubleshoot possible. I really hope this gets fixed soon

1 Like

Queued 11 hours total with no luck. Tried my network and via Xbox and Switch. Xbox has been linked to my battlenet acct for 5 years and was a frequent OW1 player.

I logged in on my Xbox with my friends account that was working and got in on the first queue. Just feels like it further confirmed there’s only an issue with our battlenet accts not being permitted for some reason.

Personally, not going to waste more time queuing until Blizz announces a resolution to this error. Would’ve liked a “don’t waste your time, your acct won’t work” warning instead of “some players might still be having issues”.

2 Likes

Its wild that on their latest forum post they wrote “There was a separate issue with account merge where players who had merged their console and PC accounts were experiencing problems logging in. This bug is now resolved.”

Uhhh clearly it is NOT resolved, but love the confidence.

7 Likes

I updated my post. Unfortunately, as Blizzard recommends in their FAQ, relinking the same account did not work.

I had 799 people ahead of me, took one hour. Now it is 1999 ahead of me, after the error.

It has nothing to do with ddos or servers. This is guaranteed account related, since my other PSN account simply worked the first time. That one does not have a PC account also connected.

My apologies to any blue replying, but Blizzard claiming it is fixed is just another lie to calm people down.

2 Likes

So, I tried unlinking and re-linking my account on PSN. Still getting the same error LC-208. Sucks since this has been the 3rd day in a row that I can’t get in, but my brother and my other friends got in with relative ease. The only thing i havent tried at this rate is completely uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch 2.

2 Likes

Uninstalling won’t do anything, don’t waste your time on that

2 Likes

Also, forgot to mention that my account has no PC links at all. Never touched Overwatch on PC. So i have no clue why mine is doing it. The only account i have is PSN.

1 Like

I love the “some players”. Those are the same “some players” as at launch day.

Some players, these thousands and thousands on the forums and social media? Haha, I am just as annoyed as “some players” out there.

2 Likes

I agree but the CS on Twitter said that this is a seperate issue and that they’re “working on it”

2 Likes

Dude 3 days is ridiculous especially when there dedicated fanbase is the one kept out

4 Likes