[Main Thread] Can't merge console account

Same problem happening to me

1 Like

I have lost everything from my account. I play xbox only. And everything is gone. When i click merge it does nothing so what am i supposed to do. I spent days on the game and would like to keep my progress, im on the same account and xbox as before.

1 Like

This is false. It seems like majority of OG players are having this issue and it’s highly discouraging. It will be nice to hear some updates about how this is being addressed and fixed. My PSN account merge is still in queue despite closing and opening my game multiple times (because of all the server issues) and now I have half the hero roster locked despite coming from OW1 AND playing just yesterday with all of them unlocked.

6 Likes

Where did you find the Merge option? Can’t find it anywhere on the games options…

1 Like

Is there a way to check that we have “properly linked” our Battle.net accounts with our console accounts or do we just have to accept that we wont know until this is figured out internally?

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for reporting the issues that you’ve encountered when trying to merge your console and Battle.net accounts. I can confirm that the team is investigating an issue that prevents the account merge confirmation UI from appearing on consoles. We aren’t aware of a workaround or fix, but we’ll keep this thread updated as we get them.

If you are missing Overwatch skins, please refer to the separate forum thread regarding the issue:

2 Likes

how about those who followed all the procedures to merge their accounts before OW2 went live and still haven’t been able to log in for 24 hours!!! Ticket # US86872017 i’m a day 1 Overwatch 1 player. can’t log on from any platforms!!!

3 Likes

Hello, I log into the game and it says my xbox account is ready for migration and that i just need to close the game and it’ll be done in less than a minute but when close and load the game back up, the account is not migrated. really frustrating as i have a bunch of stuff on console

12 Likes

fr this is getting mad annoying

4 Likes

i forgot to merge my account before ov2 came out hope i still can merge on ps5

3 Likes

yeah, that’s a load of crap. i have about 10 characters to choose from now. none of my stuff from my xbox account has transferred over, including the watchpoint pack. only my low leveled ps account did. much like the others, you took my money and have given me $#!t in return. i’m constantly getting told on screen that my account are ready to merge and to relog in. i do that, and about an hour later when i CAN get in, nothing happened. get your heads out of your @$$e$ blizzard

8 Likes

somewhere between now and never

fifteen hours since I merged my accounts and i still get the same message telling me to exit the game and relog in after one minute
15 hours guys
do better

1 Like

You have literally thousands of people telling you there is an issue and your community managed response is “Sucks to suck, sounds like a YOU problem at this point”

Wretched.

6 Likes

My account has been linked since 2016 (Xbox to my battle net) it picked my battle net instead of my linked Xbox account…I didn’t do the merge on OW1 didn’t know I had too till the servers were already shut down and I got on OW2 to check it out. Did I just lose All that progress?? I had so many skins did hero of the storm for the skins which linked to my Xbox just fine all my golden guns which I had a lot so what gives? Can I still merge if not a lot of people aren’t going to play I’ve seen so many people with this question and no one to answer or give anything of use to this situation

15 Likes

I did all the appropriate measures (linking account) to make sure I have all my stuff from overwatch 1 and I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt by not contacting support yesterday on release cause I can understand the volume of players trying to get into Overwatch 2 but now its the second day and still none of my progress from Overwatch 1 has merged. It keeps saying “in queue” on the account merge tab, please could you resolve this, I played Overwatch 1 for 5 years and always loved Blizzard. My account is on Xbox and my gamertag is Cutmex.
Thank you, I have faith in you guys!
You should’ve prepared for these issues though.

Just from reading the FAQ. It looks and sounds like they’re giving console players the middle finger. I feel like they knew this would happen.

6 Likes

Almost all of my cosmetics and unlockables are gone and I had a gold junk rat gun gone

1 Like

Same man! I never got a chance to merge my account on my PS5 to keep all my hard work! This is BS OVERWATCH/BLIZZARD

1 Like

This is also me. I have the same problem.