[Main Thread] Account information missing

Why isn’t anyone reading the announcement addressing the missing cosmetics etc?

It’s right here:

in #announcements

I did. My account has long been merged, i played the ow2 beta with all skins and same stats and even played ow1 often in recent months because i was collecting for ow2s release.

I might sound really dumb in asking this but if I only play on one platform do I still need to do the account merge? my blizz account has been connected to my xbox one for ages, so I’m not sure if I still have to go through that process

The Overwatch 2 beta has nothing to do with the live game and whether your items are linked.

my sister lost everything. all her gold guns and every skin she had. not sure how to actually contact blizzard for this, but i need help to get her things back.

Known issue. Nothing to do but wait. Please read #announcements

Glad to see Blizzard has finally responded. Just fingers crossed now all my items and stuff come back.

I know my account is merged because it is required of the player to do so since 2021 when cross-play was added and ive have explained that I have been playing before and after 2021 and have engaged in crossplay with friends on different platforms. Besides I was asking something entirely different in my comment you first replied to but thanks anyways.

Yeah I’m still really confused if I have to do the merge or not

My merge option is still not doing nothing when I click it am on switch.

2 Likes

5-6 Years of the same thing I had every skin every voiceline… I did the account merge as told then just to get to a game with nothing makes sense you try to be like league of legends and fail

I made sure the account merge was done because I knew something like this was going to happen and I bet nothing happens afterwards… you’d have fixed it by now I bought skins with this game now their gone thanks :+1:

They’ve still not fixed it yet and all this time am afraid to play incase we lose that so we are not making progress on our battle pass.

1 Like

5-6 years I made sure the account merge was done I saw it be done… I had so many things on overwatch 1 including bought skins now their gone you should’ve kept overwatch 2 as a beta for the time being if their was going to be this many issues with it compared to taking away overwatch 1 as you can see the game isn’t fully up to speed it doesn’t even acknowledge I own overwatch 1 or I would have all the heroes unlocked even though I have the disk at this point I’d want a refund I liked the previous game with all the cosmetics etc I wouldn’t have put so many hours into the game if I hadn’t but now I’m disappointed and left with nothing… thanks

I had 5-6 years worth of stuff

The feedback is reassuring and it’s a lot less stressful knowing it hasn’t just poofed into the void. Thank you for getting back to us about this topic; much appreciated!

1 Like

I don’t understand how that is your takeaway after reading the announcement. Did you read it?

For the 5th time, they are aware that is happening and working on it. Just everyone is mindlessly replying here without reading anything.

I’ve read it but when you’ve spent money on something you legitimately thought you’d be keeping compared to another game which takes over and supposedly wipes everything just cause it wasn’t done up to speed it is while a group what I play overwatch with mostly has their cosmetics and stuff I was going to contact support but their is no contact option and having to do challenges just to unlock heroes I’ve already unlocked is just adding to it especially when I had everything before this game

1 Like

You did not lose anything. Your items will be restored. Opening a ticket will not do anything except further slow things down for you. Just wait for them to fix it. I can’t keep going in circles here.

5 Likes

But once again like I said the game shouldn’t have been put out if this majority of people was not going to have any of their cosmetics, voicelines and so on if this was going to happen like I said overwatch 2 should’ve been brought out separately as then the issues would’ve been able to of been countered and kept overwatch 1 for a month or so I know your saying it’s not lost but literally it doesn’t look good when you just about log into a game which takes a good 30-40 mins to find nothing their it literally made me not want to play the game because the overall thing I liked about overwatch 1 was cosmetics voice lines highlight intros and now just to get to a game where it has to be unlocked because the issues of overwatch 2 “taking over” like I said I’d want to speak to someone but no one helps :man_shrugging:

There is no one to speak to about the issue except fellow players I suppose. The developers are AWARE of what is happening. I’ve shared the same info with you several times now, but you’ve repeated the same complaint back to me.

You’ll just need to wait until they fix it for your items to show back up. I want to spend time answering others so I can’t reiterate the same points again.

2 Likes

Same this needs to be fixed

1 Like