LuckyShot's connectivity issues

I’ve been having the same problem ever since the update. Constantly rubberbanding. Did all kinds of tests, checked for packet loss etc. and still Overwatch is unplayable.

Everything else works fine on my network. It’s just a problem with overwatch. Tried everything I could think of but I think the server and my internet just aren’t cooperating for some reason. Every once and a while especially during special events is when most of these problems occur. Perhaps the servers could be overloaded. Just a guess.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out too. Just because some people aren’t having any problems doesn’t mean it’s our internet. Everything else works perfectly. It’s only overwatch servers that seem to be the problem and blizzard doesn’t even want to acknowledge it.

Even when I check the “down-detector” site it shows that other people are having problems with connecting to the server as well. I’ve tried literally everything I can think of so I’m just gonna assume it’ll fix itself eventually.

Same here. I boot up overwatch every day now hoping I can play a single game without my ping jumping all over the place, but nope lol It’s so bad that every connection on my network buffers when it does this.

I don’t think there is an actual fix. I’ve tried everything imaginable and it’s ONLY in overwatch where I have this problem.

Hey LuckyShot,

I went ahead and moved your posts to a new thread since the original poster of that other thread said their issue was resolved. We can definitely help investigate and try to determine where the connection issues are occurring if it’s still going on for you.

I’m not seeing any connection test results posted on the forums from you. Did you want to post a WinMTR and we can take a look to see what’s going on? Since it’s only affecting Overwatch for you there’s likely a problem somewhere along that specific route from your ISP to the Overwatch servers. WinMTR should give us a better idea of what is happening.

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select “Extract All”, to extract the files to a new folder.
  3. Open the new folder that was created, then open the WinMTR_x64 folder.
  4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select “Run as administrator”.
  5. Launch Overwatch and join a match. Once you’re in the match, press Ctrl+Shift+N to open the Network Graph.
  6. Look for the server name displayed in [] brackets and the IP address at the top. Note you will need to remove the colon and port number after the IP address before running the test. (12.345.67.89:PORT)
  7. Alt+Tab back to WinMTR, then type the server IP address in the “Host” field.
  8. Click on “Start” and Alt+Tab back into the game. Allow the test to run for at least 10 minutes or the duration of a match. Click on “Stop” when you’re done playing after you have experienced the latency or connection issue.
  9. Click on “Copy Text to Clipboard”, paste the results here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow links.

I haven’t been able to capture the latency issue. It seems that it mainly happens during peak hours of Overwatch when the majority of people are playing. It seems to work better later at night when less people are on.

Ohh, so probably network congestion. The ISP should be able to see their usage stats during the times you’ve noticed issues if you call them up.

Im having the same issues just on console and Im only seeing problems with overwatch.
Ill just be in a skirmish and everyone will rubber band and freeze after about 2 minutes or less and I’ll disconnect. Then after about a minute I’ll get the message “failed to connect to server”

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                         192.168.254.254 -    0 |  665 |  665 |    0 |    0 |    3 |    0 |
|   h3.68.29.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net -    6 |  550 |  521 |   20 |  125 |  680 |  488 |
| ae3-0.agr02.ltrk01-ar.us.windstream.net -    7 |  534 |  501 |   20 |  128 |  676 |  487 |
|ae12-0.agr01.ltrk01-ar.us.windstream.net -    5 |  570 |  546 |   21 |  120 |  678 |  485 |
|   ae32.cr02.dlls02-tx.us.windstream.net -   16 |  410 |  346 |   28 |  138 |  684 |  495 |
|       agr02.jcvl01-fl.us.windstream.net -   16 |  414 |  351 |   28 |  128 |  689 |  495 |
|                   eqix-da1.blizzard.com -    6 |  546 |  516 |   29 |  136 |  691 |  498 |
|              ae1-br01-eqda6.as57976.net -    6 |  554 |  526 |   49 |  160 |  695 |  514 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  134 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|         et-0-0-0-pe03-eqch2.as57976.net -    6 |  550 |  521 |   48 |  151 |  705 |  515 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  134 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

The ISP line going to your house is showing some major issues. There is packet loss, high delay times, and those continue throughout the test.

So the problem is on my ISP’s side? I’ve had them come out twice in the last few weeks and even ran a connection test from their end and they kept saying everything’s fine.

Absolutely is the ISP.

It could be that they’re coming out when there is no congestion on the network. Plus, them pinging your modem from their offices is not useful at all. Many companies use this as a way to say to customers that their connection is “fine.”

Last time they came out I showed them the Ookla speed test which kept showing high and low connections. They just said “we don’t know what to do”. I think they’re just being lazy and not wanting to fix the line because we have no other choice of internet out here.

I’ll get them back out here tomorrow. Thanks for confirming the problem for me. I was starting to go crazy trying to figure this out lol