Lucio needs some love!

So… apparently Brigitte passive healing is around 16HPS, just like Lucio aura except its 20m range. If nothing else is done with Lucio, can we at least give him back some range to his auras?

If Brigitte AoE is 20m, then Lucio AoE should be 20m. It used to be 30m, which was a bit much, but now 10m is too small. If anything, Brigitte should be 10m and Lucio 20m.

There are lots of other things that, IMO, need to be changed on Lucio like: less damage, longer CD on boops and better healing capabilities, but no one agrees with me and then people just argue about it but PLEASE… 20M if nothing else.

I wish Lucio had stronger heals, but I think his damage and boop are fair. Boop is only really good when there’s a pit nearby, and landing all projectiles of his primary fire isn’t the easiest task.

I just feel like his 16 HP per second on allies is too low to be useful in a team fight.

3 Likes

Couldn’t of said it better myself. Have you tried solo healing as Lucio, its not a good time, especially with tanks

1 Like

I totally hear what you are saying but I really think that the DPS Lucio has is a bit too much. Lucio isn’t scared to 1v1 literally anyone. His boops are really annoying but because he has wall riding, good DPS and self heals, the boops just enable him to be super aggressive.

I think there could be a fair compromise somewhere there. Maybe not touching the boops but still bringing the DPS down but making the projectiles faster to help it be more reliable.

His healing is too weak. For sure. I think what would help him is having 2 separate cooldowns on Speed Boost and Healing Boost. Healing Boost, obviously should have a shorter cooldown, but Speed Boost is fine as it is.

Solo healing as Lucio used to be a thing. It was awesome. Then they nerfed his healing super hard and ever since then, we have had Mercy meta pretty much.

He still brings lots of utility and he is still okay, but he isn’t great. Most times Zen is a better choice over Lucio.

Youre right though, most times it better to just speed your tanks to a health pack or over to one of the other healers that can actually do your job better. Its almost like what the point in ever going into heal mode.

Youre almost more useful most times to just give your team speed boosts and sound barriers all match and let someone else do the healing.

1 Like

Its still early to be too worried about how Brigitte will fill support, Lucio still has more range over all with his movement and range attacks but I agree, his aura range would be great at 20 or even 15m if they plan to to leave Brigitte’s at 20m.

1 Like

I know. However, I have been saying this stuff about Lucio since the day they nerfed him. I think they hit him a little too hard. I know he did need changes because for a while it was Lucio in every game just like the last Mercy meta.

I know we have to let Brigitte settle in and see what happens.

But overall, like I said, if NOTHING else happens with Lucio, I really think he could use some range back on his auras. Not enough so he can be the satellite healer again (although, that was really fun to play) but just enough that its slightly less crucial to be perfectly placed 100% of the time.

The major difference between these two is that Brigitte, doesn’t have a speed boost and is REQUIRED to deal damage in order to actually activate that passive. If she’s being countered and out ranged, then she has to literally hit her Whip Shot every time it comes off cooldown in order to activate it, and if someone wasn’t inside of the Inspire blast due to LoS? Well then they have to wait an additional 4 seconds to actually start receiving healing.

1 Like

Yes. All true. But also keep in mind that she has a shield, 150 burst heal, and a really good ult. Im not saying Brigitte is 100% better than Lucio because I still think Lucio is okay, but he could use a little help for sure.

I think Brigitte brings so many possibilities in terms of team comps that its hard to say what will happen. I definitely think she is meta changing.

1 Like