Lucio heals? My team thinks not

I play a lot of lucio but I’ve been getting a lot of toxicity. I played him loads when he was super meta. Now I always get told that I’m a throwing boostio. I usually have gold heals even when there is a main healer and am a heavy peeler yet with this current meta as soon as you start touching a wall you get labeled a reddit boi. What do forum? Switch to moira? Be a slave to the meta? I guess so.

Lucio being needed is based on what tanks you have.

If you have a hero like Orisa who doesn’t really move much, Lucio is a bad pick.

If you have a Rein or Sigma however, you want to keep their HP topped off, using speed aura as much as possible. Stay on walls, or near corners to survive.

Save your Beats to deny enemy ultimates wiping your team. (Hold on to it until you see Genji pull out blade, or their Zarya commits to her grav).

1 Like

He’s not my favorite Co healer, but he is good in most situations. Only time I cringe is on 2CP defense.

Just do you, if you feel confident you can make him work, just ignore the toxic dudes and prove them wrong.

That’s kinda funny. According to Overbuff, he is meta from Diamond to GM.

In my opinion, you can run Lucio regardless of comp / map. He is versatile, has good self sustain, best off-healer healing and one of the best defensive ultimates in the game. Only exceptions would be an enemy Sombra or if your second Support can’t do his job / wants to play off-heals himself.

Many people that complain about not enough healing just want their own mistakes covered by a sh*t-ton of healing anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve never been called a thrower on Lucio o-o
Even when i feel like I’m not contributing at all, like missing boops on key targets, not amping correctly, etc.

Speed Boost to kite back combined with booping the enemy team away is invaluable on 2cp defense.

He’s not a throw pick on 2CP defense by any means, I’d just rather have Ana/Bap/Moira accompanied by mercy for rez, Zen to melt the first schmuck that tries to push through, or Brig to hold the line with our tanks with her boop/stun.

Just personal preference. His speed boost isn’t as valuable to me in a static defense situation.

Oh, yeah, i definitely see your point and i believed that for a long time until i actually had a few successful defenses on 2cp with Lucio, it’s unreal how valuable it is when your team knows how to capitalize.

But in a situation where your team isn’t coordinated, and your Orisa is trying to facetank the Reaper, Baptiste/Ana is way better.

1 Like

I pick Lucio 90% of the time and I rarely get questioned. When help my team bullrush the enemy at incredible hihg speed, or save my team from a wipe with a clutch beat I think my pick is justified.

The only time I don’t pick Lucio is if I get a Mercy or Zen onetrick (in which case I pick Moira or Bap), or I’d get more value out of playing a hero that synergises better with the rest of my team, like Bap for a Bastion defense or Mercy to pair with Pharah or double sniper.

That being said, I have still been criticised for my Lucio pick, saying “durr you’re not healing durr you’re just speeding durr” despite me having good healing numbers. You can’t outheal stupid.

Ever since his speed boost went back to normal he has been a solid hero pick.

Any teammate that complains doesn’t understand the game or the value his speed brings. Just mute the fool and give the enemy them Luci o Os

I think he is a little more map dependent now, but he can still be a very, very strong pick.

I’m elated when a random goes Lucio. And then my dreams are immediately crushed when the other healer goes Zen. This is why I try to 6 stack with my clan most days.

Lucio is almost as meta as Moira. The only period where he has not been meta or at least viable was for about 6 months during moth meta. Literally every other point, including right now, he has been extremely solid and often the best support.

90 % of the time i have a lucio on my team i have to solo heal or if i am ashe i get zero healing from him so i may be biased here but i hate seeing lucio on my team but at the end of the day i dont care enough about losing to get upset over a game

Speed >>>> heals

20 c

Lucio does heal, but the issue at hand is, are the DPS Flankers? cause you’re not healing either of them if they are. Is one a Pharah, how do you expect to heal her? Do you have a Hammond on your team, good luck keeping him anywhere near you to heal. Sometimes you’ve got change up what you play based on what the Team Comp is. Yes Lucio can heal, but if it’s only himself and 1 tank, it’s not doing much good.

nah just stay lucio and have fun