Low Unstable Frame Rate since "Summer Games" Update

Since the “Summer Games” update I experience a strange behaviour.

I usually play at constant 120 FPS (limited by my display).
Since the update my frames are about 40-60 most of the time.
Sometimes they raise to 120 PFS and stay for some time.
But only for a short time.

In the task manager I can see that my GPU utilization is at 100% most of the time. Sometimes it drops down to 20% and climbes up to 100% in correlation to the frames rate mentioned above.

Am I the only one with this problem right now?
The game feels weird and “unplayable” to me right now.

The recent update should not have any effect on fps. This behavior sounds like overheating.

Nope its your game. I’ve never had an issue before. It is happening to folks in every game I play random short resets as i’d call it. don’t loss voice just has to reload game. Lags out. Wow is fine. Modern Warfare is fine just overwatch is doing it. Every post y’all say its overheating or ISP issue, No sorry it’s your game or server.

I don’t work at Blizzard. I’m a player like you who has been playing on the Los Angeles and Chicago servers every day since the patch for summer games with no issues.

Since you mentioned there’s no issue with other games, maybe looking at your connection to Overwatch is important. Keep in mind: every game and service you use will have a different internet route. Maybe something is wrong with the route you use to Overwatch. Maybe you play on an East or West coast WoW server, and you’re connecting to the opposite one for matches on Overwatch. However, this forum is only for troubleshooting, so that’s all that can be provided here to you. If you’re interested in troubleshooting, please follow the DxDiag and WinMTR directions from the pinned thread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/common-technical-issues-and-solutions/239609/29