"Low FPS" with low Settings?

Hey there, I was wondering why my FPS are so low most of the times.

I’m running an RTX 2080 Super with and i9 9900k and 32 GB RAM. So now the problem is that even with every setting on Low, except for texture filtering quality on epic, and render scale on 75% I can’t sustain constat 240 FPS.

Though when I see other gameplays where people have either similar or maybe even worse setups they are able to get those numbers no problems. Also when I turn up everything on Epic my FPS seem to be either the same or maybe even better.

I’m running the latest Windows Version as well as the latest drivers from Nvidia, if you were wondering.

Gonna add the utilization of the gpu with each ones later, because they might matter too, who knows.

Edit:

In a game with everything on Epic Preset and 100%, around 180 FPS with 40 % cpu and 80-90% cpu

Everything like mentioned above; 25% utili each and even less performance. Is there a way for the GPU focus the game more?

Hi, I’m a volunteer here on the forum. Just to set some expectations: Blizzard considers anything beyond 60fps enthusiast level gaming. Since you’ve above 60fps, this case isn’t seen as a problem, so it’s unlikely you will receive official support in this topic.

As for reasons you’re not able to sustain 240 fps, it might be that something is running in the background siphoning some resources. When you’re looking to fine tune like this, I think the best resource/place to ask is in #general-discussion (since you’re not having an actual issue loading the game/connecting), or maybe even Reddit.

1 Like

I hadn’t played in a few weeks; when I did it was smooth as butter. After updating yesterday, I have like 20-25 FPS. Maybe hitting 30-32 running around in the Practice Range. I can see it lagging graphically even before the main menu loads.