Low FPS since background patch

Since the new background patch for the upcoming update my FPS has drop from sitting at an average of 120fps to now a max of 68. I’ve updated every driver changed around all settings and even on all low settings the FPS still doesn’t pass 70FPS. MY CPU and GPU are only running at around 60% maxed (with other programs open)

What makes the game more unbearable to play is that it just feels super ‘choppy’ and unclean and I probably wont be playing OW until this is fixed. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but even checking with my mates they are all at a max of 70FPS as well :confused:

edit

DxDiag: pastebin(dot)com/LxUGeT7X

3 Likes

Same problem, from 144 to 80

Same problem, tried all fixed they presented. Doesn’t work. So random, from playing daily at 144 fps to now 39 capped. I don’t get how an update can even effect this.

I have the same problem. Before I would sit around 144 fps. Now best case scenario its 40 fps but most of the time it is 20 fps. Other games do not have this problem. When I open up task manager it shows that Overwatch is using 100% of disk while other games don’t go over 1%. I updated all drivers Uninstalled and reinstalled the blizzard client and did a reset on my PC. I still can’t fix it. I do agree with OP though, It feels very choppy and unclean. The low FPS that we are experiencing does not accurately reflect how bad it looks. It looks worse.

Yeah I really don’t get it the day before the patch i was at 130FPS than after the background started I hit a cap of 68FPS and now im getting even lower around the 58FPS mark, super wack.

Any resolution to this yet? I started experiencing the same issues at the same time you described. 20 hours ago I wrote a post on Reddit but haven’t received any feedback. It’s a microstutter/hitch that is most blatantly noticed when trying to aim and shoot consecutively while strafing in high-intensity battles. I’ve never had to deal with it before. Only thing that could have changed is something on Blizzard’s side.

Haven’t got anything. I’m gonna assume something in the patch is messed something because a lot of people have this issue i’ve seen.

1 Like

I realize the issues sound the same, but until that is confirmed, it’s best for everyone to make their own threads. This makes sure no responses get lost in the mix of troubleshooting. Plus, the OP will likely appreciate only getting alerts for their own problem and solution. :smirk_cat:

Your drivers for both the Corsair and SteelSeries peripherals are showing repeated crashes in your report. These can affect game performance because the client and Windows have to keep verifying you have input devices. Additionally, a while back there was an issue with the iCUE software and lighting effects. It might be worth looking into that. Some players found rolling back to an older version helped remedy frame loss.

I responded to your other thread, and if you add a DxDiag someone (maybe me) can look it over.

Same as above, please start a new thread with your DxDiag.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or (preferably) post it on Pastebin and provide the hash code (the random numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

Note: I’m an MVP/volunteer, and I don’t work at Blizzard. :female_detective:

Thanks for all the suggestion! Ive had a look into all the programs and the crashes. Unfortunately nothing really helped with fixing the frame rate issues. Ill just have to wait and see if the upcoming patch somehow fixes it :slight_smile: